To provide, evaluate and/or develop resources for advancing information literacy in science and engineering (e.g. models for assessing student performance, teaching methods, instructional design, and tips for working with faculty on instruction-related issues); to serve as a liaison to other instruction-oriented groups as appropriate (e.g. IS, ILAC, etc.) The committee chair serves as liaison to the ACRL Information Literacy Advisory Committee and is a member of the STS Council.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2010. Last retrieved on 10/18/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- STS chat Oct 19th Following breadcrumbs: teaching students to find primary sources from news articles
- STS Chat April 21st - Developing a Scalable Online Scientific Information Literacy Module
- ACRL STS ILC: Science Literacy and Reading Primary Literature in Biology
- ACRL STS ILC: Using the Scientific Method to teach the Framework
- Resources Sub-Committee Virtual Meeting
- Using the PICO Method in Library Instruction Across STEM Disciplines
- STS Information Literacy Chat Discussion October 19th - "Teaching the framework through free online sources"
- Introductory Meeting
- ACRL Science & Technology Section (STS) Information Literacy committee VIRTUAL Annual Meeting MINUTES - 2016
- ACRL Science Technology Section (STS) Information Literacy committee's ANNUAL Meeting
The committee composition is determined by section leadership.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788