Planning, Assessing, and Communicating Library Impact: Putting the Standards for Libraries in Higher Education into Action
ACRL Preconference @ ALA Annual Conference
Friday, June 28, 2013
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Libraries in higher education are increasingly required to demonstrate their value and document their contributions to overall institutional effectiveness. The Standards for Libraries in Higher Education is a framework for library planning and assessment that can be used for a variety of circumstances including annual planning, program review, and accreditation self-study. Through presentation, discussion, and group activities, learn how to use the Standards to communicate your library’s impact!
- Be able to establish the library and institutional contexts to effectively engage in planning, self-study, accreditation, or program review processes
- Use the ACRL Standards for Libraries in Higher Education and other foundational documents as a framework to develop benchmarks, evaluate quality and performance, and demonstrate value to the institutional mission.
- Evaluate various metrics and assessment tools to select the best approach for a given situation.
- Examine the role of leadership in building a culture of evidence to engage all librarians and staff members in effective decision-making.
Rhonda Huisman, Assistant Librarian, University Library, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis; Lisa Stillwell, Information Literacy Librarian, Franklin & Marshall College
ACRL member - $235
ALA member - $285
Nonmember - $305
Retired - $105
Student - $105
How to register: Access the ALA Annual Conference registration materials to submit your registration. Search for the preconference name on the "Event Explorer" page.
Want to add this event to an existing registration? It’s easy! There are two ways:
1. By phone: Call ALA Registration at 866-513-0760 and ask to add a preconference to your existing registration.
2. Online: Add an event to your existing registration. Please visit your dashboard link, which can be found in your confirmation. If you need additional assistance or cannot locate your confirmation, please call CompuSystems at 866-513-0760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions: Contact Margot Conahan at email@example.com, or call 312-280-2522.