Section Vice-chair Calendar
- Incoming vice-chair attends the following sessions at the ALA Annual Conference: ACRL Leadership Council, Communities of Practice Assembly (possibly virtual), and section executive committee.
- Vice-chair begins term of office at the conclusion of the ALA Annual Conference.
- If planning a social activity at Midwinter, submit Special Events Form for loan to cover deposit for section special event by August 29.
Vice-chair receives instructions from ACRL on the committee appointment process.
- Appoint Conference Program Planning Chair by mid-November.
- Preconference program proposals and budgets due December 7.
- If planning a social activity at Annual, submit Special Events Form by December 31.
- Appoint Nominating Committee by mid-February.
- Section committee appointments should be completed by March 31.
- Section nominating information sent to chair of the nominating committee to begin the nomination procedure.
- Annual Conference program proposals for the next year are submitted by section conference program planning committee for consideration. Due May 1.
- Nominating committee prepares slate of candidates, with the final slate due mid-September.
- Program Committee for next year’s Annual Conference meets and develops preliminary topics, requirements, possible speaker list and time lines.
- Vice-chair discusses with section chair the work and the direction of the section and specific responsibilities that have been assumed by committee members.
- Arrange with outgoing chair to receive section files.
- Attends the ACRL Leadership Council, Communities of Practice Assembly, and section executive committee.
- Vice-chair becomes chair at the conclusion of the ALA Annual Conference.