- Section chair begins term of office at the close of the final day of the Annual Conference.
- Sends final appointment changes, additions, or deletions to ACRL staff.
- Section chair ensures that all section committees, task forces, and discussion groups send minutes to ACRL two weeks after the Annual Conference.
- Section nominating committee invites nominees to become candidates for office by July 20.
- Send all reimbursement requests by section members for expenditures to ACRL by August 15 for processing before the end of the ACRL budget year.
- ALA fiscal year ends on August 31. Chair receives notice of current budget allocations in early October.
- Fiscal year begins September 1.
- Section nominating committees submit names of candidates for spring ballot with formal letters of consent by mid September.
- Special Event Request form due if planning an event at the upcoming Midwinter Meeting.
- Meeting space request forms for Midwinter meetings due in late September. Section chair must submit forms for all section committees and discussion groups..
- Section candidate’s completed biographical information due in online submission form by October 31.
- Meeting space requests for Annual Conference meetings due in late-September. Section chair must submit forms for all section committees and discussion groups, except for the unit's program (if applicable). ACRL staff schedule all programs.
- AV requests for Midwinter Meeting due no later than November 1.
- Deadline for submitting fund raising plans for Annual Conference programs to ACRL Executive Director is November 30.
- Nominations and applications for ACRL awards due first Friday in December.
- Submit items for ACRL Board review at ALA Midwinter to ACRL by December 3.
- Program Proposals and budget requests for next year's preconferences due in the ACRL Office by December 7.
- Section award committees notify ACRL office of nominations by December 10.
- Agendas and schedules of Midwinter meetings due mid-December.
- Chair of Program Planning Committee submits names, addresses, and information about Annual Conference program speakers to ACRL Program Officer.
- Media profiles for award recipients due one week after Midwinter.
- Annual Conference preliminary program descriptions due mid January.
- ACRL Board approves preconference proposals and bylaws changes for the spring ballot.
- Section chair ensures that all section committees, task forces, and discussion groups send minutes to ACRL two weeks after the Midwinter Meeting.
- Special Event Request form due if planning an event at the upcoming Annual Conference.
- Letters of agreement and contracts sent to preconference speakers by ACRL staff.
AV requests for Annual Conference due no later than March 1.
- Section vice chairs finalizes section appointments by March 31.
- Letters of agreement and speakers releases due from Annual Conference program speakers.
- Deadline to update award announcements is April 20.
- Receive instructions for Plan for Excellence Implementation Report, which is due in mid-July.
Deadline for submitting items to the ACRL Board for ALA Annual Conference meeting is early May.
- Chair arranges for transferring of current files to successor, and sends old files for archival records to ACRL staff.
- Agendas and schedules of Annual Conference meetings due mid-June.
- Section chair discusses with the vice-chair the work and direction of the section and any specific responsibilities which have been assumed by committee members.
- Meetings of he section executive committee and regular committee meetings take place at Annual Conference.
- Plan for Excellence Implementation Report due in mid July.
- All reimbursement requests due to ACRL office by August 15. ALA/ACRL fiscal year ends August 31.