ACRL/RBMS-SAA Task Force on the Development of Standardized Statistical Measures for the Public Services of Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries
Responsible for development of a new standard defining appropriate statistical measures and performance metrics to govern the collection and analysis of statistical data for describing public services provided by archival repositories and special collections libraries. The Standard will describe and quantify users of special collections and archival materials and services and their usage of the same, including reading room paging/circulation, paging/circulation of materials for other purposes (e.g., class/events, exhibits, reference questions, conservation, processing), reference interactions (in person and via email), reproduction orders (numbers of orders and pages photocopied/digitized), interlibrary loan requests (physical, digital; filled, not filled), and events (e.g., numbers and characteristics of class visits, exhibits [physical and virtual], tours, programs, etc.). If feasible, the Standard may also include recommendations for gathering and analyzing statistics about special collections website visitors and their page views and file downloads.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/02/2016. Last retrieved on 07/02/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 160625 ALA Annual Meeting - Agenda
- 160110 ALA Midwinter Meeting - Agenda
- 150730 Conference Call - Announcement
- 150628 ALA Annual Meeting - Minutes
- 150628 ALA Annual Meeting - Working Draft for Discussion
- 150628 ALA Annual Meeting - Agenda
- 150310 Conference Call - Minutes
- 150310 Conference Call - Agenda
- RBMS-SAA Task Force on the Development of Standardized Statistical Measures for the Public Services of Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries (ACRL RBMS)
- 150310 Conference Call - Announcement
The committee composition is determined by section leadership.
Volunteer applications for ACRL appointments are accepted through February 15 for service the following term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788