ACRL/RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
To serve as the ALA representative of rare book, manuscript and other special collections librarians and curators in all matters involving standards for providing intellectual access to and bibliographic description of those collections; to provide a centralized forum for discussion of issues relating to special collections technical processing, such as description cataloging and provision of intellectual access; to propose and/or develop necessary tools to support these activities; to develop ALA positions on, and provide a continuing review of bibliographic standards for, special collections; to serve as the formal liaison between the special collections community and appropriate units within ALA as well as organizations outside ALA, such as bibliographical networks, for the establishment of standards whereby the unique requirements of special collections may be addressed and to disseminate information pertinent to librarians and others responsible for providing intellectual access to special collections.
Displaying active committee roster as of 06/02/2015. Last retrieved on 06/02/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Bibliographic Standards Committee - DCRM(MSS) Meeting II (ACRL RBMS)
- Bibliographic Standards Committee Meeting (ACRL RBMS)
- Bibliographic Standards Committee - Standard Citations Group Meeting (ACRL RBMS)
- Bibliographic Standards Committee - DCRM(MSS) Meeting III (ACRL RBMS)
- Bibliographic Standards Committee - DCRM(MSS) Meeting I (ACRL RBMS)
- Bibliographic Standard Committee Meeting at ALA Annual 2015
- Are you in favor of co-sponsorship in name only for the ALCTS Metadata Interest Group (MIG) hosted virtual preconference, “Planning for the Evolving Role of Metadata Services."
- Draft minutes of the RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee Midwinter 2015, Chicago
- Final minutes of RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee, ALA Annual 2014, Las Vegas
- Bibliographic Standards Committee - DCRM MSS Meeting II (ACRL RBMS)
The committee composition is determined by section leadership.
Volunteer applications for ACRL appointments are accepted through February 15 for service the following term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788