ACRL/RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
To serve as the ALA representative of rare book, manuscript and other special collections librarians and curators in all matters involving standards for providing intellectual access to and bibliographic description of those collections; to provide a centralized forum for discussion of issues relating to special collections technical processing, such as description cataloging and provision of intellectual access; to propose and/or develop necessary tools to support these activities; to develop ALA positions on, and provide a continuing review of bibliographic standards for, special collections; to serve as the formal liaison between the special collections community and appropriate units within ALA as well as organizations outside ALA, such as bibliographical networks, for the establishment of standards whereby the unique requirements of special collections may be addressed and to disseminate information pertinent to librarians and others responsible for providing intellectual access to special collections.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2010. Last retrieved on 01/25/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Do you approve of the formation of the DCRM Task Force with the attached charge?
- Bibliographic Standards Committee Meeting at ALA Annual 2014
- Do you agree with the proposed changes to DCRM(G) in the RDA-BSR for Rare Materials? Text is available in pdf or as a document.
- Meeting change! ACRL/RBMS BSC Controlled Vocabularies on Friday, Jan. 24th shortened
- Public Hearing: Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (Manuscripts)
- Public Hearing: Standard Citation Forms for use in Rare Materials Cataloging
- Bibliographic Standards Committee Meeting
- Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (C) Editorial Group Meeting, Part I (ACRL RBMS)
- Controlled Vocabularies Subcommittee of the Bibliographic Standards Committee Meeting, Part II (ACRL RBMS)
- Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (C) Editorial Group Meeting, Part II (ACRL RBMS)
The committee composition is determined by section leadership.
Volunteer applications for ACRL appointments are accepted through February 15 for service the following term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788