ACRL 2008 Academic Library Trends & Statistics
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship, University of Illinois
The complete data set from ACRL's comprehensive statistics-gathering project encompassing all academic libraries. Data from 1,533 academic libraries in all Carnegie classifications is included. The core set of data consists of five major categories:
- Collections: which includes monographic volumes, serials and microforms, etc.;
- Expenditures: which includes library materials, electronic serials, computer hardware and software, salaries and wages, etc.;
- Electronic Expenditures: which includes computer files; electronic serials; internal and external bibliographic utilities, networks, and consortia; computer hardware and software; and document delivery/ILL;
- Personnel and Public Services: which includes size of staff, reference transactions, circulations, ILL, etc.;
- Ph.D.s granted, Faculty and Enrollment Statistics: which includes Ph.D.s granted, number of faculty, undergraduate and graduate enrollment, etc.
- The 2008 survey also reports faculty rank, status, and tenure findings.
The statistics are available in three volumes: one which includes institutions in Carnegie classification Associate of Arts degree granting, one with those in the combined Carnegie classifications of Master's Colleges and Universities, and Baccalaureate Colleges, and one with Research/Doctoral-granting Institutions. (May also be purchased as a three-volume set.)
The 2008 data is also available online. Go to 2008 Trends & Statistics for more information.