ACRL 2006 Academic Library Trends and Statistics
The complete data set from ACRL's comprehensive statistics-gathering project encompassing all academic libraries. Data from 1,100 academic libraries in all Carnegie classifications is included. The core set of data consists of five major categories:
- Collections: which includes monographic volumes, serials and microforms, etc.;
- Expenditures: which includes library materials, electronic serials, computer hardware and software, salaries and wages, etc.;
- Electronic Expenditures: which includes computer files; electronic serials; internal and external bibliographic utilities, networks, and consortia; computer hardware and software; and document delivery/ILL;
- Personnel and Public Services: which includes size of staff, reference transactions, circulations, ILL, etc.;
- Ph.D.s granted, Faculty and Enrollment Statistics: which includes Ph.D.s granted, number of faculty, undergraduate and graduate enrollment, etc.
Also included in 2006 is a trends section that provides data on the use of electronic resources by academic libraries. The data covers electronic journals, reference sources, books, networked resources and services, and digitization activities.
The 2006 data is available online. Go to 2006 Trends & Statistics for more information.