Displaying active committee roster as of 06/17/2018. Last retrieved on 06/17/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Monitors existing ACRL standards and guidelines and recommends revision or recession when appropriate to the ACRL Board.
- Recommends new standards or guidelines as needed.
- Assist units of ACRL in developing standards and guidelines.
- Maintains a manual of policies and procedures related to the development of standards within ACRL.
- Recommends to the ACRL Board the acceptability of proposed standards, guidelines, and related documents.
- Guides and monitors the solicitation of member comment on ACRL standards and guidelines through email distribution lists (listservs) before they are recommended to the ACRL Board.
- Holds or delegates the holding of open hearings on ACRL standards when this option for gathering member comments is employed.
- Recommends to the ACRL Board the acceptability of proposed translations of standards, guidelines, and related documents into languages other than English.
- A minimum of five members (i.e. a chair, vice-chair, and three members)
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect and Appointments Committee.
- The chair of the Information Literacy Frameworks and Standards Committee (ILFSC) is a voting ex-officio member.
In 2005, the Standards and Accreditation Committee was included as a component committee of the Advocacy Coordinating Committee. In 2009, it was redefined as a stand alone divisional committee when the coordinating committee was reclassified as a standard committee, with no coordinating committee umbrella structure.
Editor-in-Chief of College and Research Libraries News/Marketing and Communications
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788