A program designed to assist Spectrum Scholars in becoming successful library professionals.
Criteria for mentors in the ACRL Dr. E. J. Josey Spectrum Scholar Mentor Program
- Possess ten years of professional library experience
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Commit to mentor culturally diverse librarians and be sensitive to their concerns
- Commit to be a mentor for one year beyond the degree or a maximum of three years because many Spectrum Scholars are part-time library school students
- Current ACRL Member
- Regularly attend ALA Midwinter or Annual Conferences and/or the ACRL Conference
- Attend required ACRL Mentoring Program(s)
- Agree to contact mentee monthly or on a regular basis
- Agree to spend time at the conference when both mentor/mentee attend (relationship building)
- Submit a brief (one paragraph) mid-year report and an annual brief report about the mentor/mentee relationship (complete form)
Completed application packet should include:
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Questions about the ACRL Dr. E. J. Josey Spectrum Scholar Mentor Program should be directed to the current chair of the committee (see committee roster).