Helping Non Innovators through Innovation: Managing Change
ACRL Preconference @ ALA Annual Conference
Friday, June 28, 2013
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Change can be difficult to deal with in any workplace, but the fast pace of change in libraries is particularly difficult. Designed for library supervisors who will need to lead staff (at any level) through change, learn about the potential impact of the stress of change, and how to properly prepare others and one’s self for change. Examine the most common responses to change and how to deal with them, effective responses to change and how to instill them in others.
- Participants learn how different people approach change and how to help people to feel more comfortable with change
- Participants learn the importance of communication and a well organized project to an effective and healthy change
- Participants learn practical techniques like risk assessment, cost benefit analysis and some service assessments and how they can contribute positively to helping colleagues through a change.
Kimberly Sweetman, Training Consultant
ACRL member - $235
ALA member - $285
Nonmember - $305
Retired - $105
Student - $105
How to register: Access the ALA Annual Conference registration materials to submit your registration. Search for the preconference name on the "Event Explorer" page.
Want to add this event to an existing registration? It’s easy! There are two ways:
1. By phone: Call ALA Registration at 866-513-0760 and ask to add a preconference to your existing registration.
2. Online: Add an event to your existing registration. Please visit your dashboard link, which can be found in your confirmation. If you need additional assistance or cannot locate your confirmation, please call CompuSystems at 866-513-0760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions: Contact Margot Conahan at email@example.com, or call 312-280-2522.