August 25, 2003
Information Literacy Program Librarian
The librarian, in collaboration with library and departmental faculty, is responsible for designing, teaching and promoting the information literacy curriculum within an outcomes assessment and skills-based model. The librarian works in a team with other instruction librarians implementing a multi-faceted instruction program.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan, implement, market, and evaluate the Library's instructional program;
- Coordinate and schedule all library instruction activities;
- Serve as the contact person and faculty liaison for all general inquiries for library instruction
- Collaborate with others and work individually to produce a variety of informational and instructional materials;
- Develop new instruction applications of technology;
- Maintain a file of all instructional materials developed by the team;
- Work collegially with classroom faculty to integrate information competencies into the curriculum by integrating resource-based learning experiences;
- Review curriculum and reach out to teaching faculty to expand the instruction program;
- Develop, coordinate and implement workshops and instructional opportunities for the University community;
- Develop and maintain collection of professional readings, suggested activities and other training materials for use by the team.