NOTICE: The Council of Liaisons has been superseded by the Liaisons Coordinating and Component Committees. These policies and procedures govern only individual liaisons whose terms end in FY11 or FY12.
Before completing this form read the description of ACRL liaison program under the guidance of the Council of Liaisons and a liaison’s responsibilities at http://www.ala.org/ala/acrl/acrlissues/councilofliaisons/liaisons.cfm
Those wishing to be liaisons or those suggesting individuals for liaisonship to another organization should complete and submit an application packet that includes:
- a cover letter
- a completed application (below)
- a résumé
- A minimum of three letters of support that identify who the letter of support is for together with the name of the organization for which a liaison is requested. These letters could come from such sources as the target organization, someone who knows the applicant’s work, the applicant’s supervisor, an ACRL unit.
The application packet content should describe, in short, why the individual's qualifications make him/her a good choice for serving as a liaison to an organization. Once complete, the application packet should be submitted to email@example.com. Applications are due November 1 and applications will be reviewed by the Council of Liaisons at ALA Midwinter. At ALA Annual the Council will make recommendations to the ACRL Board and the ACRL Board will select the Liaison individuals and organizations.
Information for the ACRL Council of Liaisons
Application submitted by:_______________________________________________
Contact of Liaison Organization:___________________________________________
Name of Individual to become liaison:
- Please describe the applicant’s content knowledge in the area of focus of target organization for which the individual is being considered for a liaison role.
- Please indicate if the applicant has an advanced degree of specialization in the organization’s area of focus or any additional expertise or education relevant to the application.
- Is the applicant a current member of liaison organization? If yes, how many years has s/he has been a member of the association?
- Please indicate the level of activity the applicant has had with the liaison organization, using such quantifiable measurements as committee appointments, attendance at conferences, papers presented, articles published, and leadership positions held (i.e., has the individual actively participated in and influenced the work of the association).
- Please identify the needs of the liaison organization and articulate the ways in which librarians, libraries, and/or ACRL can assist the organization, keeping in mind and linking to, ACRL's vision and strategic objectives.
- Is the applicant a current member of ACRL? How long has the applicant been a member of ACRL?
- Please describe the level of activity the applicant has had within ACRL, using such quantifiable measurements as committee appointments, attendance at conferences, papers presented, articles published, and leadership positions held.
- Does the applicant have a proven record of delivering outcomes for ACRL?