Immersion Program Track Rubric
The application process for the ACRL Immersion Program is competitive. ACRL's Immersion Program Committee reviews applications and selects participants for Immersion. Applicants to the Program Track must demonstrate a clear match between the track outcomes and the goals of the individual. The following rubric may help Program Track applicants better determine if their application meets the evaluative criteria
- Shows evidence of capability of and/or experience leading changes related to information literacy programming.
- Articulates how they would benefit from and contribute to the collaborative learning environment at Immersion
- Expresses personal commitment to and/or enthusiasm for building an information literacy program.
- Clearly articulates how outcomes from their Immersion participation match their institution’s goals.
- Demonstrates understanding of important elements of both their library’s and their campus’s culture.
- Indicates that the institution is primed for an action plan and that a support system for change is in place.
Letters of Reference
- Confirm that the applicant is intended to play a leadership role with information literacy at their institution.
- Demonstrate the library’s readiness for, support for, and commitment to information literacy.
- Demonstrate the institution’s readiness for, support for, and commitment to information literacy.
1. Applicant has a position with an information literacy leadership component. ______Yes _____ No
2. Application includes two letters of reference (one from current director or supervisor; one from campus administrator or faculty member outside library). ______Yes _____ No
3. Applicant has attended the Teacher Track. ______Yes _____ No
4. Applicant has previously applied for the Program Track. ______Yes _____ No