To provide a base of operations for the Mass Communication community of librarians who serve the communications/mass communications fields (including the areas of communications, media studies, advertising, speech communications, broadcasting, journalism and public relations). Goals for the Committee include identifying best practices and resources useful to those in the community as well as addressing current issues that are salient to the advancement of the field. Activities of the committee will include: evaluation and discussion of resources and services, development of activities and programs to improve skills among librarians, and the coordination of liaison activities with other professional organizations as appropriate.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2014. Last retrieved on 04/25/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Annual Chicago Meeting Agenda
- Midwinter Meeting Minutes 2017
- Meeting Minutes from ALA Annual 2016
- ALA Annual 2016 Meeting Agenda
- Midwinter 2016 Meeting Minutes
- August 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Communication Studies 2016 Midwinter Virtual Meeting Agenda and Connection Link
- August 2015 Virtual Meeting Agenda and Connection Instructions
- ALA Annual 2015 Meeting Minutes
- ALA Annual 2015 Meeting Agenda
The committee composition is determined by section leadership.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788