ACRL/EBSS Communication Studies Committee
To provide a base of operations for the Mass Communication community of librarians who serve the communications/mass communications fields (including the areas of communications, media studies, advertising, speech communications, broadcasting, journalism and public relations). Goals for the Committee include identifying best practices and resources useful to those in the community as well as addressing current issues that are salient to the advancement of the field. Activities of the committee will include: evaluation and discussion of resources and services, development of activities and programs to improve skills among librarians, and the coordination of liaison activities with other professional organizations as appropriate.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 05/22/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Annual 2015 Meeting Agenda
- ACRL EBSS Communication Studies Committee Midwinter 2015 Meeting Summary
- Journalist Stuck Places Question
- ACRL EBSS Communication Studies Committee Midwinter 2015 Agenda and Connection Instructions
- CHE: To Prepare 21st-Century Journalists, Help Students Become Experts.
- Metaliteracy: Reinventing information literacy to empower learners (book review)
- 5 questions for Tony Hsieh and the Downtown Project
- In press: A Roadmap for Assessing Student Learning Using the New Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
- Link to Recording from the ALA 2014 Follow-Up Meeting
- ALA 2014 Follow-Up Meeting Agenda
The committee composition is determined by section leadership.
Volunteer applications for ACRL appointments are accepted through February 15 for service the following term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788