ACRL Immersion Program scholarships provide opportunities for academic and research librarians from diverse backgrounds and at under-represented institutions to expand their professional horizons and to update their skills and knowledge by participating in the Immersion '19 Program.
Six scholarships providing complimentary registration (a $1,895 value) will be awarded.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A current ACRL member
- Currently employed in a library, with preference given to applicants employed at institutions or in positions serving under-represented groups or to applicants from diverse cultural/ethnic backgrounds. These institutions include Community and Junior College; Historically Black College or University; Hispanic-Serving Academic Institution; Tribal Academic Institution.
- Recommended by their dean, director, or immediate supervisor
To be considered, applicants must:
- Complete the online scholarship application. The application includes the following essay questions: 1. How attendance at Immersion '19 will support your current job responsibilities and long-term goals (not to exceed 500 words); 2. What unique qualities you would bring to the Immersion Program community (not to exceed 300 words); and 3. What other sources of financial support are available to you for attending Immersion ’19 (not to exceed 100 words).
- Obtain a recommendation from their dean/director/supervisor in electronic form that can be cut and pasted into the application (not to exceed 300 words).
Applications must be submitted via the online form by 5:00 p.m. Pacific, Friday, March 8, 2019.
The scholarship committee consists of members of the ACRL Immersion Program Committee. The committee will score applications based on the following:
- Responses to open-ended questions
- Dean/director/supervisor recommendation
- Preference will be given to applicants employed at institutions or in positions serving under-represented groups or to applicants from a diverse cultural/ethnic background
Scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by April 22, 2019.
Questions should be directed to Margot Conahan at email@example.com.