Library Mashups: Exploring New Ways to Deliver Library Data
Friday, June 25, 2010, 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Learn about mashups, how they can be used, and consider examples from libraries around the world. Discover what tools to use to mash up library data with content from the web to reach more patrons. Examples include using maps to enhance library data, using Flickr for digital collections and creating library websites with data from several information sources. Return to your institution with a list of goals to accomplish in your own library.
- Define what a mashup is and identify mashups on library sites and the web.
- Find tools and APIs to gather data for their own library sites.
- Leave with a list of goals to accomplish in your library or a website made up of mashups to build off of when you return to your library.
Presenter: Nicole Engard, Open Source Evangelist
How to Register: Registration materials are available online.
ACRL member - $195
ALA member - $245
Nonmember - $295
Retired - $125
Student - $85
2010 Annual Conference Early Bird Registration
January 4 - March 5, 2010
2010 Annual Conference Advance Registration
March 6 - May 14, 2010
2010 Annual Conference Onsite Registration (you may still register online)
May 15, 2010 - onsite
Want to add this preconference to an existing ALA Annual Conference registration? It’s easy! There are two ways:
1. By phone: Call ALA Registration at 800-974-3084 and ask to add a preconference to your existing registration.
2. Online: Add an event to your existing registration online. Use your log in and password to access your existing registration and add events in the “Your Events” section. Then simply check out and pay for the events you’ve added.
Join ACRL today to take advantage of valuable members-only discounts, professional connections, and community.
Questions: Contact Margot Conahan at email@example.com, or call 312-280-2522.