iPad, YouPad: Circulating iPad Collections in Academic Libraries
ACRL Preconference @ ALA Annual Conference
Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday, June 27, 2014
1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Learn how your academic library might employ a lending collection of iPads to empower faculty in the classroom to accomplish discipline-specific learning outcomes and prepare students for the workplace. Join a team of academic librarian presenters to learn how they planned, implemented, and assessed the use of a collection of iPads in their library. Be inspired by their example to seek funding, imagine opportunities to collaborate with campus and community partners, and pursue a circulating collection of your own.
- Participants will be introduced to academic and productivity apps and discuss in small groups how they might utilize one or more apps in a library instruction session. Use iPads to demonstrate the app and make a plan for the session; groups will share their plans with the larger group of participants using AppleTV.
- Participants will understand how to approach creating a circulating collection of iPads.
- Participants will review apps used in library instruction and teaching activities and practice them in the workshop.
- Participants will learn how to assess the need and requirements for an iPad lending program, and then assess the effectiveness of its implementation.
John Burke, Library Director, Miami University Middletown; Beth Tumbleson, Assistant Library Director, Miami University Middletown; Jessica Long, Public Services Librarian, Miami University Middletown
ACRL member - $195
ALA member - $245
Nonmember - $285
Retired - $245
Student - $95
How to register: Access the ALA Annual Conference registration materials to submit your registration. The preconference code is ACR2.
Want to add this event to an existing registration? It’s easy! There are two ways:
1. By phone: Call ALA Registration at 866-513-0760 and ask to add a preconference to your existing registration.
2. Online: Add an event to your existing registration. Please visit your dashboard link, which can be found in your confirmation. If you need additional assistance or cannot locate your confirmation, please call CompuSystems at 866-513-0760 or email email@example.com.
Questions: Contact Margot Conahan at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 312-280-2522.