Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries
More than 25,000 academic librarians, faculty, and key decision makers rely on the reviews in Choice magazine and Choice Reviews Online for collection development and scholarly research. Choice reaches almost every undergraduate college and university library in the United States.
CURRENT ISSUE: June 2013
About the Cover: The Joe and Rika Mansueto Library, The University of Chicago Library, Chicago, IL. Judith Nadler, director and university librarian. Tom Rossiter, photographer.
Editorial: Parting Reflections: After eighteen years as editor and publisher, Mr. Rockwood bids farewell.
Special Feature: Globalization: A Selection of Significant Choice Reviews. The twelfth anniversary installment of this interdisciplinary reprint feature once again brings together Choice reviews on a subject of interest to undergraduates..
Bibliographic Essay: Understanding the Air Age: Extracting a Culture of Aviation. In 1946, William Ogburn published The Social Effects of Aviation in which he suggested a need to consider aeronautics' impact on society. Aside from occasional articles, few in the English-speaking realm followed through on this topic. This essay will explore the subject further, examining numerous aspects of the field through a discussion of more than one hundred important books that will be useful for undergraduate library collections.
Forthcoming Globalization Publications, 2013–2014: This selected list provides information on new titles that together offer a broad overview of diverse areas of interest relevant to globalization.
- Visit us at the ALA Annual Conference, booth #432, in Chicago, June 28-July 2, and enter to win an iPad Mini.
- ACRL and Choice Launch New Webinar Program
- Choice E-Collection to Expand with New Titles from University Presses
- Choice announces the launch of the new version of Choice Reviews Online.
- Choice editors announce top books and websites of 2012.
- Choice and ACRL announce publication of Outstanding Academic Titles, 2007–2011.
Choice on Twitter
- Check out May's Editors Picks: t.co/cwI6Y1Cpr6
- Today’s Top Review: Mirror Earth: The Search for our Planet's Twin, by Michael D. Lemonick. Walker & Company, 2012....
- Have you signed up for our newsletters?t.co/Oar1DBXbiM
- Today’s Top Review: Terrorist Attacks on American Soil: From the Civil War Era to the Present, Rowman & Littlefield, 2012....
- Friday Brain Candy: 6 Fascinating Postcards from Famous Writers: t.co/j5p5WPIDww
- @WesLibNews How's it going, neighbor? :)
Choice on Facebook
Posted on May 21, 2013 | 12:25 pm
Posted on May 21, 2013 | 9:11 am
Posted on May 20, 2013 | 1:41 pm
Posted on May 20, 2013 | 8:06 am
Posted on May 17, 2013 | 2:40 pm
Resources for College Libraries
Resources for College Libraries™ is the premier list of core print and electronic resources for academic libraries, featuring over 75,000 titles in 117 subjects. Brought to you by ACRL's Choice and Bowker, RCL covers the entire two-year and four-year college curriculum and provides a list of core titles that are essential for undergraduate study. Developed by a team of more than 400 subject editors, bibliographers, and referees, the database is continuously updated.
The redesigned RCL offers both professional researchers and beginning students an easy-to-use interface and discovery features for exploring content. The new interface continues to feature the credible and comprehensive content users expect, along with the following features:
- Tag, rate and review, and save titles to your personal account by using My Discoveries™ technology
- Word cloud technology for visual discovery
- New content alerts
- Easy to find RCL and CR titles in your local catalog
- Full-color cover images
- Dynamic facets to help refine search results
- Full-text Choice reviews and easy identifiers for Choice Outstanding Academic Titles
- Curriculum-specific, easy to browse subject hierarchies
- And more
Visit the Resources for College Libraries marketing site to learn more and sign up for a free trial.