ACRL Call for Proposals - Preconferences @ 2015 ALA Annual Conference
Share your knowledge with a national audience. ACRL invites proposal submissions for half-day or full-day preconferences to be held prior to the 2015 ALA Annual Conference in San Francisco, CA. Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
Preconferences should allow participants to develop skills related to a specific topic and should focus on interactive learning using a variety of presentation styles. Preconferences can be either half or full day sessions. Programs that offer practical tips and cutting-edge techniques are especially encouraged. Proposals should explicitly outline activities that will be incorporated during the session to enable attendees to achieve the session’s learning outcomes.
Presentation date and location
2015 ALA Annual Conference Preconferences will be held on Friday, June 26, 2015 in San Francisco, California.
Terms of presentation
ACRL typically offers reimbursement for one night's lodging (up to $200) and one day per diem for preconference presenters.
How to submit your proposal
1. Please prepare the following before you begin your online proposal. (You may cut and paste directly into the online submission form.) Proposals must include the following:
- Complete contact information for all speakers. Please note that the person submitting a group proposal will be considered the Program Organizer and the main contact for the presentation.
- Presentation title.
- Program length. Identify half or full day session.
- Presentation description. The description should be approximately 500 words, outline the main points of the program, and highlight its relevance to attendees.
- Short presentation description. This description should be approximately 100 words. If your proposal is accepted, this description will be used in promotional materials.
- At least three learning outcomes.
- Identify at least one active learning exercise that you would incorporate into your session.
- Indicate whether you have offered this program before for ACRL.
2. Submit your proposal via the online submission form.
The deadline for submissions is 11:00 p.m. CT, Wednesday, April 30.
Proposal review is a blind, peer-review process. Proposals will be evaluated by the ACRL Professional Development Committee for clarity, originality, and timeliness. Special attention will be given to proposals that incorporate one or more of these characteristics:
- Generates ideas or report research that contribute to ongoing discussion about the future of academic and research libraries
- Demonstrates innovative thinking and/or new perspectives
- Contributes ideas for positioning academic and research librarians to be leaders both on and off campus
- Presents strategies for effectively implementing new ideas and technology
- Incorporates at least one active learning exercise
- Explicitly includes specific activities that demonstrates how learning outcomes would be achieved
Notifications will be issued in June 2014.
Questions? Contact Margot Conahan at firstname.lastname@example.org; 312-280-2522.