Application submission deadline is December 6, 2019.
Electronic submissions are required. All supporting documents should be compiled by the applicant and uploaded as a single PDF document below. Supporting documents should include:
- A proposal, maximum of five (5) pages, double-spaced
- A tentative travel itinerary of up to thirty (30) days, including the proposed countries and institutions to be visited and the preferred period of study/travel
- A travel budget, including estimated round-trip coach airfare, transportation in Europe, lodging expenses, and meal costs
- A current curriculum vitae
- Within six months of completion of the trip, the grantee is required to submit a report of approximately 4,000 words on the research resulting from the study trip. It is assumed that in most cases this report will be suitable for publication. If so, then ACRL is given the first right of refusal to publish it.
- The grantee should submit an abstract of the report for publication in C&RL News and the ESS Newsletter.
- The grantee is expected to present a report their grant-funded research at a ESS discussion group during the next ALA conference. The grantee will also be available to serve on the award jury one to two years following completion of the research trip. Recipients are strongly encouraged, but not required, to join ESS and become involved in unit activities.