ACRL Video Contest! Tell us Your ACRL Story
The Association of College & Research Libraries is looking for videos about what ACRL means to you. We’re offering great prizes for your contribution and it’s easy to enter; just send us a video no more than one-minute in length answering one of the following questions:
- Tell us a story about what you, as a member of the academic library community, contribute to your campus and how ACRL has had a role in making that possible.
- Tell us about a time you felt on top of your game in your career and how ACRL helped you get there.
- Tell us a story about the personal connections you’ve made in ACRL and what those relationships have meant to you.
- Tell us how ACRL helps you make an impact on the profession.
- Tell us about your favorite ACRL moment.
What’s in it for you?
- If ACRL uses your video (or a snippet thereof) you will receive free ACRL membership the next time your renewal is due (a $57 value, does not include ALA Membership) AND an invitation to the VIP ACRL 2013 Chair’s Reception in Indianapolis at the Eiteljorg Museum the evening of Thursday, April 11.
- It’s more fodder for your Facebook, and your video might show up at the ACRL 2013 conference, on the ACRL Website, or in an ACRL email, and wouldn’t that be a hoot?
Deadline for Submission
Submitting your Video Entry
- Videos should be no more than 1 minute in length.
- Try to keep camera stabilized or on a tripod. A shaky camera creates poor video.
- Be aware of your audio, lighting and background.
- Keep the light in front of you, not behind so that we can see your face.
- We would prefer videos to be shot in 1920x1080.
- Preferred format: QuickTime h.264 or Apple ProRes.
- Anyone can enter. Yes, that includes you! Be brave, put yourself out there.
- By submitting your video, you and everyone involved in the video agree to the legal stuff below.
The Legal Stuff
- By submitting the video, you grant and assign to ACRL the non-exclusive right to use and distribute your video throughout the world in all means of expression by any method now known or hereafter developed. You further grant ACRL the right to use your name(s) in association with the video in advertising and promotional materials. Copyright of the video remains in your name.
- You represent and warrant that the video: (a) is your original work and that you have full power to enter into this agreement; (b) does not infringe the copyright or property of another; (c) contains no material which is obscene, libelous, defamatory or previously published, in whole or in part. You agree to indemnify and hold ACRL harmless against loss of expenses arising from breach of any such warranties.