Oversees the ACRL Diversity Alliance and completes the following tasks:
- Develop best practices checklists for leaders and organizational readiness for top organizational leaders (Deans, Directors) who commit to join, support and create residency positions through the DA. This checklist can be agreed upon as leaders join the DA annually.
- Explore program assessment to identify the goals of these residencies and if member institutions are meeting them?
- Develop leadership pledge; along with the signed letter of commitment, each leader must sign leadership pledge.
- Develop member resources, including Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and organizational culture checklist; Coordinators, training for human resource professionals and department heads; Institutions who create residencies should identify travel support for residents; Clearinghouse for information, schedules and best practices for Mentors/Coordinators; Link institutional efforts through Skill type and other virtual platforms.
- Submit a report to the ACRL Board on the impact of residencies on the professional, and include stories of post-residency positions and surveys.
- Explore if/how institutions unable to create residencies can be members of the DA through contributing to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in other ways and, if possible, articulate the criteria that would allow them to become members of the DA.
Displaying active committee roster as of 08/11/2020. Last retrieved on 08/11/2020. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Representative from ACRL Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Representative from ACRL Residency Interest Group
- Board Liaison
- Staff Liaison
- Additional member appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect
The ACRL Board of Directors approved the creation of the task force at its June 27, 2016 meeting. On April 8, 2020, the ACRL Board of Directors approved a new task force, charge, tasks, composition and timeline.
Volunteer for the ACRL Diversity Alliance Task Force!
The ACRL Board has charged a new Diversity Alliance Task Force to carry out the recommendations from the current oversight task force, whose terms expire in June 2020. ACRL President Karen Munro and ACRL President-Elect Jon Cawthorne invite you to volunteer to serve on the task force. If you wish to be considered for an appointment, complete the web form by 5:00 p.m. Central on June 30, 2020. More information can be found on the ALA website.
Program Manager for Strategic Initiatives
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788