The Task Force, following the procedures for the review of standards found in the ACRL Guide to Policies and Procedures, Chapter 14, and pertaining to the six documents from the charge of the original Task Force, is established to:
- Review the work and recommendations of the previous Task Force
- Recommend changes in text or direction in the work of the previous Task Force as needed, focusing on ease of use of the proposed Guidelines for Academic Librarian Employment and Governance Systems along with specificity on and inclusiveness of non-tenure track faculty procedures in the document
- Produce a draft document incorporating these changes
- Seek wide ranging comments and input from stakeholder communities and the general ACRL membership
- Incorporate, as appropriate, those recommendations into a final draft, including clearly highlighting revisions to previously existing documents and new content in the guidelines.
Displaying active committee roster as of 03/20/2019. Last retrieved on 03/20/2019. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- (2) representatives from community/junior college libraries
- (2) representatives from college libraries
- (2) representatives from university/research libraries
- (1) representative of Standards Committee
- (1) board liaison
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the President/President-elect
- Date interim reports are due: The task force will submit interim reports to the ACRL Board of Directors at the Spring 2019 Executive Committee Meeting and the 2019 ALA Annual Conference.
- Date final report is due: The final document should be submitted for ACRL Board approval within six months of the draft being circulated for comment and no later than the 2020 ALA Midwinter Meeting.
The Academic Librarians Standards and Guidelines Review Task Force was created by the ACRL Board of Directors in June 2018. At the 2019 ALA Midwinter Meeting, the Board approved a revised timeline and extended the task force members' terms through June 30, 2020.