The task force, following the procedures for the review of standards found in the ACRL Guide to Policies and Procedures, Chapter 14, and pertaining to the six documents listed below, is established to: (1) review the standards and guidelines, (2) recommend needed changes, (3) produce a draft document incorporating these changes, (4) seek comments and input from stakeholder communities and the general ACRL membership, and (5) incorporate, as appropriate, those recommendations into the final draft.
- Guidelines for Academic Librarians without Faculty Status
- Standards for Faculty Status for Academic Librarians
- Joint Statement on Faculty Status of College and University Librarians
- A Guideline for Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure of Academic Librarians
- Statement on Certification and Licensing of Academic Librarians
- Statement on the Terminal Professional Degree for Academic Librarians
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/21/2017. Last retrieved on 10/21/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- (2) representatives from community/junior college libraries
- (2) representatives from college libraries
- (2) representatives from university/research libraries
- (1) representative of Standards Committee
- (1) board liaison
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the President/President-elect
- Date interim report is due: An interim report is due to the ACRL Board of Directors for review at the 2017 Midwinter Meeting, summarizing relevant research on changes in higher education that impact the standards and guidelines.
- Date final report is due: The final documents should be submitted for ACRL Board approval within six months of the drafts being circulated for comment and no later than Annual Conference 2017. The draft standards and guidelines should be made available for review and comment by the membership no later than one year after appointment of the task force. If additional time is needed, the task force can extend the deadline.
The Status of Academic Librarians Standards and Guidelines Review Task Force was created by the ACRL Board of Directors May 2016.