To implement the recommendations of the ACRL Libraries Transform Taskforce, as included in the task list. Provide and recommend marketing resources that can used for all types of libraries.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/17/2018. Last retrieved on 07/17/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Work with ALA Libraries Transform staff to develop and recommend more targeted “Because” statements that focus on academic libraries related to the broader issues identified.
- Stronger focus on all types of academic libraries perhaps emphasizing the specific ways in which they provide leadership in fulfilling their respective institutional missions
- More assistance with targeted messages to different audiences such as faculty, students, the community, etc.
- Spreading awareness about instruction and information literacy for building connections with faculty and marketing library services
- Provide more information about how academic libraries can use the ALA and ACRL campaign materials in the form of “how-to” or tip-sheet style type format.
- Work with the Value of Academic Libraries Committee to update the Value of Academic Libraries poster template.
- Update the Marketing the Academic Library website to ensure that the content is up to date and matches what the toolkit contains.
- Work with Gale staff to update the Campaign for America’s Libraries @ Your Library: Toolkit for Academic and Research Libraries, with a defined scope of work for the consultant on the project.
- Address such issues such as who will host the toolkit and how it will be marketed and distributed (via ACRL and other channels).
- Recommend professional development offerings around the new toolkit and website
Date interim report is due: Midwinter 2018
Date final report is due: Annual Conference 2018
The ACRL Board of Directors, at its October 23, 2015 fall Board meeting, approved the Libraries Transform Task Force. At its 2017 Annual Conference, the Board approved the task force extension, as well as a revised charge, task list and timeline.