To create a new ACRL framework that recommends effective practices regarding the evaluation of academic librarian scholarship that supports librarians in a variety of academic appointments, with differing scholarly expectations, while acknowledging and encouraging impactful scholarship venues within academic librarianship. The task force will gather input from the community, share a draft for feedback, and make revisions, following ACRL’s Guide to Policies and Procedures Chapter 14.5 Procedures for Preparation of New Standards, Guidelines, and Frameworks.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/08/2020. Last retrieved on 07/08/2020. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- 2 members from the Research and Scholarly Environment Committee
- 2 members from the Value of Academic Libraries Committee
- 6–8 additional members
- Staff Liaison
- Board Liaison
- Date interim report is due: Fall Board/Executive Meeting 2018
- Date draft framework is circulated for public feedback: ALA Midwinter 2019
- Date final draft is submitted to ACRL Standards Committee: ALA Annual Conference 2020
The ACRL Board of Directors, at its October 26, 2017, virtual meeting, approved the establishment of the Impactful Scholarship and Metrics Task Force regarding the evaluation of academic librarian scholarship.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788