ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education Task Force
Update the Information literacy competency standards for higher education so that they reflect the current thinking on such things as the creation and dissemination of knowledge, the changing global higher education and learning environment, the shift from information literacy to information fluency, and the expanding definition of information literacy to include multiple literacies, e.g., transliteracy, media literacy, digital literacy, etc.
Review the recommendations of the Information Literacy Competency Standards Review Task Force, collect feedback from the ACRL membership and the broad constituencies within the higher education community, e.g., faculty, accreditors, library and information science educators, and administrators regarding these recommendations, revise and extensively update the Standards accordingly, soliciting comments on drafts of the new document from the same broad constituencies mentioned above, prior to seeking approval from ILSC and the ACRL Board.
Displaying active committee roster as of 03/09/2014. Last retrieved on 03/09/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Info. Lit. Competecy Standards Revision Task Force Interim Report (December 2013)
- Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education Task Force II (ACRL)
- Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education Task Force I (ACRL)
- Info. Lit. Competecy Standards Revision Task Force Interim Report (September 2013)
- ACRL Seeks Visiting Program Officer to Support Revised Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education (June 18)
- Rethinking ACRL’s Information Literacy Standards: The Process Begins (June 4)
- Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education Task Force (ACRL)
- Feedback on Plan of Work from ACRL Exec Cmte
- Plan of Work (April 2013)
The ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education Task Force was established by the ACRL Board of Directors via a virtual vote in August, 2012.
Volunteer applications for ACRL division-level committees are accepted through February 15 for service the following committee term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Senior Strategist for Special Initiatives
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788