To build ACRL’s effectiveness in supporting community and junior college librarians. Work with the ACRL Board, CJCLS, and other ACRL units with the goals of (a) conducting a needs assessment related to professional engagement and professional development for community college librarians; (b) identifying barriers to ACRL membership, conference attendance, and other professional participation experienced by community college librarians; and (c) recommend next steps for the association to expand support for community college members and prospective members.
- At least one ACRL Board member
- At least two representatives of CJCLS, recommended by the section
- At least one representative of ACRL Membership Committee
- At least one senior (>5 years) community college librarian
- At least one new (<5 years) community college librarian
- Others deemed appropriate by ACRL President
- Date interim report is due: ALA Midwinter Meeting 2017
- Date final report is due: ALA Annual Conference 2017
The ACRL Board of Directors, at the ALA Midwinter Meeting 2016, approved the Community College Engagement Task Force.