STS Web Guidelines
Approved July 10, 2000
To provide relevant and timely information regarding STS and science librarianship.
- STS Members
- STS Council
- Prospective members
- General science and technology library community
Ownership and Location
- The STS Publications Committee is responsible for the content and general oversight of the STS web site under the direction of the STS Executive Council. The Section webmaster(s) will be responsible for editing and maintaining the site.
- The STS web site is located on the American Library Association's web server, address
The STS web site content will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- General information about STS including: membership information, lists of officers, committee and discussion groups with contact information, the Section manual, volunteer forms, news and more.
- Links to Section publications including: STS-L, STS Signal, and ISTL
- Information about upcoming conference activities
- Archive of past Section programs
- Information to help committee chairs, council members and officers perform their jobs more efficiently.
All STS-related web pages with 'enduring' content should be installed on the STS website and should conform to STS policy. STS-related web pages that are temporary in nature (e.g. something compiled in advance of a discussion session meeting) should be reviewed by the webmaster for a decision about inclusion and/or linking from the STS Website.
- The STS web site will be in compliance of U.S. copyright law.
- The STS web site will follow the ACRL web site policies as stated in Chapter 13.8 of ACRL's Guide to Policies and Procedures
- Page design must be compatible with HTML standards for adaptive technologies.
- Each page on the STS web site will follow a consistent format, using standard colors, fonts, graphics and layout, and will include the following standard information:
- Section logo
- Link to STS home
- Date last updated
- Link to webmaster for comments
- The web site will be updated regularly, with all links checked at least every three months.
Send questions/comments to the STS Web Editor
Last updated: March 23, 2003