Rare Books and Manuscripts Section
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2016. Last retrieved on 12/01/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- I agree that the RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Editorial Group be formed and charged with the creation and maintenance of the RBMS thesauri and relator terms list, headed by co-chairs appointed to BSC and to RBMS Publications & Communications Committee.
- I agree that the DCRM Editorial Group, under the aegis of the Bibliographic Standards Committee, be formed and charged with the creation of a consolidated DCRM standard based on RDA.
- RBMS midwinter 2014 Curators and Conservators Discussion Group draft minutes and Information Exchange reporting on the American Printing History Association
- Midwinter 2014 Agenda: Manuscripts and Other Formats Discussion Group
- Draft Minutes of the Joint Meeting of the Curators and Conservators DG and the Manuscripts and Other Formats DG
- RBMS Information Exchange revised agenda for June 2013
- RBMS Information Exchange agenda for June 2013
- RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Agenda for Annual 2013
- Public Hearing for Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (Cartographic) or DCRM(C)
- Room sharing at Annual
As of August 2015, RBMS had 1,686 members. The committee composition is determined by section leadership.
Log-in to view full contact information.
Controlled Vocabularies Editorial Group
Curators and Conservators Discussion Group
Descriptive Cataloging for Rare Materials Task Force
Digital Special Collections Discussion Group
Publications and Communications Committee
RBMS Conference Local Arrangements--Coral Gables, 2016 Committee
RBMS Conference Local Arrangements--Iowa City, 2017 Committee
RBMS Conference Program Planning--Coral Gables, 2016 Committee
RBMS Conference Program Planning--Iowa City, 2017 Committee
Task Force on the Development of Guidelines for Primary Source Literacy
Task Force on the Development of Standardized Holdings Counts and Measures for Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries
The Rare Books and Manuscripts Section was established in 1958.
Volunteer applications for ACRL appointments are accepted through February 15 for service the following term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788