Marta Lange/SAGE-CQ Press Award
The Marta Lange/SAGE-CQ Press Award, established in 1995 in honor of past LPSS Chair Marta Lange, recognizes distinction in law and political science librarianship. The award sponsor is SAGE-CQ Press. Recipients receive a plaque, $1,000, and the accolades of their peers.
The award criteria are broad and flexible, and membership in LPSS or ALA is not required. Nominators provide a letter of support and the nominee's vita, and may include additional supporting letters and documentation, as appropriate.
The success of the Marta Lange/SAGE-CQ Press Award depends on those who take the initiative to submit nominations. Please consider honoring a worthy colleague! Nomination requirements and details are available here.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Janousek, the Marta Lange/SAGE-CQ Press Award Committee chair.
Marta Lange/SAGE-CQ Press Award Winners (Complete List)
2014 Brian E. Coutts, Western Kentucky University
“Brian's scholarship is impressive, beginning his research and writing about Belize when it was still British Honduras, and over time interviewing all of the former Prime Ministers of that country for biographical sketches of their lives for two editions of The Encyclopedia of Latin American History & Culture,” said award chair Kelly Janousek, librarian at California State University-Long Beach. “As a former winner of the Reference and User Services Association’s (RUSA) Louis Shores Oryx Press Award in 1999, he has stayed true to his bibliography roots with an annual article for Library Journal, ‘Best Reference Sources of the Year,’ since 1987.”
- 2013 Kathi Carlisle Fountain, Washington State University
- 2012 John Eaton, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
- 2011 Stephen E. Atkins, Texas A&M University
- 2010 Bruce Pencek, Virginia Tech University
- 2009 Lynne M. Rudasill, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- 2008 Lisa Norberg, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- 2007 Binh Le, Pennsylvania State University, Abington
- 2006 Graham R. Walden, The Ohio State University Libraries
- 2005 Merle J. Slyhoff, University of Pennsylvania, Biddle Law Library
- 2004 Lucia Snowhill, University of California, Santa Barbara
- 2003 Rosemary Allen Little, Public Administration, Politics and Law Librarian at Princeton University Library
- 2002 Mary K. Fetzer, Rutgers University
- 2001 Cheryl Nyberg, Gallagher Law Library, University of Washington
- 2000 Grace York, Coordinator, Documents Center, University of Michigan Library
- 1999 Dr. Jolande E. Goldberg, Senior Cataloging Policy Specialist (Law Classification), Library of Congress
- 1998 Laura N. "Lolly" Gasaway
- 1997 Grace W. "Betty" Taylor
- 1996 Robert Goehlert
Last updated: July 21, 2014
This page is maintained by Jennifer Schwartz, DePaul University Libraries
LPSS logo design by Candy D. McCormic, Digital Library Services, University of Texas at Arlington.