Literatures in English
The Literatures in English Section, as part of the Association of College and Research Libraries, provides a forum in which academic and research librarians who support literatures in English programs exchange ideas, exercise leadership, and contribute to the improvement of library service in the field.
Members of LES are professionally involved in the acquisition, organization, and use of information sources related to the study and teaching of literature written in English from around the world.
Join the Conversation
- LES-L: Subscribe and discuss library issues related to literatures in English
- LES-Blog: Participate in the section's forum for professional discussion and debate
- LES on ALA Connect: Post announcements to LES members
- Facebook: Like the LES Facebook page
- Twitter: Follow LES on Twitter
Attend Annual Programs and Discussion Group Meetings
- Past Programs: Held each summer at the American Library Association Conference
- Discussion Groups: Talk with other literature librarians in small groups (Collections, New Members and Reference)
- Committees: Volunteer for a LES committee and meet other members
- Mentoring Program: Share your experience with someone else or request a mentor's guidance
- Biblio-Notes: The section newsletter publishes articles and announcements contributed by members
- LES Bibliography: Studies of Interest to English and American Literature Librarians: Help LES identify citations for the database
Learn about LES and Its Activities
- Promotional Video: Literature Librarians and Faculty Partnering for Academic Success
- Annual Programs (1983 to present)
- LES-Wiki: The wiki archive of LES documents
View the Section's Research Competency Guidelines and Statement on Primary Materials
Comments may be directed to Linda Stein, Website Editor, at LLSTEIN@udel.edu. Special thanks to Jackie Hackman for designing the LES logo.
Last update: July 1, 2015