Writing Measurable Objectives
At the American Library Association's Annual Conference 2000 in Chicago, Illinois, the Planning Committee of the ACRL Instruction Section conducted a training session to teach all incoming committee chairs how to write measurable objectives. This web site contains information and exercised adapted from that training session, to assist online learners in writing measurable objectives.
Table of Contents
- Why Should You Write Measurable Objectives?
- Definitions (or, How is a Goal different from an Objective?)
- What is a SMART Objective?
- Evaluating an Objective
- Analysis of Evaluating an Objective
- Suggestions for Writing SMART Objectives
- Practice Time!