Social Media Coordinator
The IS Social Media Coordinator will serve a term beginning after ALA Midwinter 2014 and ending at ALA Annual 2015 as the Section trials this new approach to using social media for engaging members and promoting the work of the Section. The Social Media Coordinator will have an appointment as a member of the Communication Committee and, as such, participates in the work of the committee throughout the year. The Social Media Coordinator will also work under the general direction of the IS Executive Committee and in consultation with the IS Advisory Committee.
Social Media Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Creating and managing a social media presence for the Instruction Section on Facebook and Twitter in collaboration with Section committee chairs and the IS Executive Committee
- Developing and documenting sustainable listening, influencing, engagement, and measurement strategies that will build community in these spaces and promote the work of the Section
- Monitoring the Section’s social media regularly and responding to inquiries in consultation with the appropriate Section members
- Evaluating the first term of the position and making recommendations for a continuing management strategy for the Section’s social media
- ACRL Instruction Section Member
- Experience in academic libraries
- Demonstrated interest in and record of successful social media planning
- Ability to meet deadlines and to communicate and collaborate effectively through email
- Commitment to respond quickly to the Section’s needs
Appointment and term:
The IS Social Media Coordinator will be selected by the Executive Committee upon review of applications in January 2014 and appointed by the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect. The appointment will begin immediately after the ALA Midwinter Conference in 2014 and end at ALA Annual 2015.
Please submit a curriculum vitae or resume and letter of interest to IS Secretary Danielle Skaggs at firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest should outline experience and knowledge applicable to the position. Any samples of relevant work will also be accepted. The application deadline is January 22, 2014.