Tips for the IS Web Site Administrator
This document is designed to provide a Web Site Administrator with information necessary to perform his or her responsibilities.
Web Administrator Responsibilities
- An ACRL IS Web Site Administrator is responsible for developing and maintaining the IS Web site under the direction of the IS Executive Committee, in consultation with the IS Advisory Council and the IS Communication Committee.
- For a full description of the Web Site Administrator's responsibilities see Web Site Co-Administrators Position Description.
Purpose of the Instruction Section Web Site
The IS Web site provides access to information about the Section's structure, committees and their charges, meetings, programs, awards, news, projects, and activities, as well as electronic versions of key Section publications.
- Web Site Maintenance Guidelines, includes
- General Updates & Maintenance
- Calendar of Updates
- Compliance with Web Protocol & Standards
- Guidelines for File Names and Submissions, includes
- Character Limits
- Stop Words
- Committee Abbreviations
- Naming Conventions
- Submission Procedures