Instruction Section (IS) Website
The Instruction Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries enhances the ability of academic and research librarians to advance learning, teaching and research with respect to information literacy in higher education.
Become active by joining the Instruction Section!
- Presentations at ALA and ACRL national conferences,
- Discussion Groups,
- Standards and Best Practices,
- Networking opportunities,
- Resource Sharing
New Conference Attendance Policy
In recognition of the fact that much of the Instruction Section’s work can be conducted virtually, the Section is transitioning to a new conference attendance policy for committee members and chairs. Beginning with the 2014 ALA Annual Conference, there will be no conference attendance requirement for all but three committees. The following committees will continue to meet as indicated below:
- Local Arrangements – attendance required at the conference where they are hosting the Soiree.
- Conference Program Planning – attendance required at the Annual conference during the year they host the program.
- Discussion Group Steering Committee – attendance required at Annual conference.
Get Involved in the ACRL Instruction Section
*Please note that some information in the videos is no longer accurate, due to the changes in conference attendance policy.