EBSS Current Topics Discussions are organized by the EBSS Members-at-Large.
2018-2019 Members-at-Large: Cass Kvenild and Rachael Elrod
Current Topics Discussion: Pre-print Repositories in the Social Sciences, October 31, 2018 - 4:00 PM Eastern Time
Dr. Philip Cohen, Professor of Sociology, University of Maryland College Park and Director of SocArXiv
William Cross, Director, Copyright & Digital Scholarship Center, North Carolina State University and PsyArXiv Steering Committee member
Judy Ruttenberg, Program Director for Strategic Initiatives, Association of Research Libraries and SocArXiv Steering Committee member
An engaging panel of experts will discuss why researchers choose to share pre-print manuscripts in open archives online, including PsyArXiv and SocArXiv. Participants will learn more about the benefits of pre-print repositories, such as rapid distribution of research and rapid feedback on scholarship. Common questions about citation and access for literature searches, systematic reviews, and grants will be addressed. Panelists will also provide insight into the use of pre-print repositories in libraries as “grey” literature. Participants are encouraged to bring their tough questions about open archives for this enlightening panel discussion.
All participants will need to pre-register. IMPORTANT: Please register at https://acrl.webex.com/acrl/onstage/g.php?MTID=ecb8fd6e5859f493030ea8bbd3a09af54 to reserve a spot!
If you have any questions, contact your EBSS Members-at-Large Cass Kvenild (CKvenild@uwyo.edu) or Rachael Elrod (email@example.com). Please feel free to share the program information with your colleagues who are not EBSS members. We hope you will join us for this interesting presentation and discussion!
Recordings are available for selected past Current Topics Discussions:
- Discussion on Digital Scholarship and Libraries: Mission and Models - March 2018
- Practical Data Management: Applying Social Science Liaison Skills to Research Data - December 2017
- Systematic Reviews (recording), Sildes - May 2017
- We can and we should: the libraries' role in open education (recording), Slides - December 2016
- New Models for Liaison Librarianship - May 2016
- Library Services for Graduate Students - December 2015
- Implementing the Framework - April 2015
- Assessing Pre-Service Teachers’ Information Literacy Skills - December 2014
- Research Data Management Support - April 2014