EBSS activities at the ALA 2014 Annual Conference
EVENTS and PROGRAMS
There are lots of great events and programs sponsored by EBSS:
- EBSS Social at The Pub at Monte Carlo
Friday, June 27 from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
- EBSS Program: "Supporting Community Transformation: Becoming a Community-Engaged Academic Library."
Saturday June 28, 01:00 to 02:30 pm: LVCC-S229
- Research Committee Poster Forum.
Saturday June 28, 03:00 to 04:00 pm: LVCC-S220
- ERIC Presentation.
Sunday June 29, 01:00 to 02:30 pm: PARIS-Burgundy
Meeting agendas will be posted as they become available.
As usual, the majority of our committees meet at our consolidated meeting on Saturday morning. Here is a basic outline for that meeting:
- All-Committees Meeting.
Sat June 28, 08:30 to 11:30am: LVH-Pavilion 11
This meeting is broken down as follows, unless your committee arranges differently:
- 8:30-9:00: New leaders Orientation (for folks who will be new committee chairs for 2014-2015)
- 9:00-9:15: Break and breakfast - EBSS will have light breakfast snacks (but bring your own coffee!)
- 9:15-10:45: Welcome and then committee meetings
- 10:45-11:15: Reporting out and wrap up
A few committees meet outside of the consolidated meeting. (If you don't see your Committee listed below, that means you are at the consolidated meeting above):
- Education Research Libraries Forum.
Friday June 27, 02:30 to 04:00 pm: BALLY-Bronze 1
- Curriculum Materials Committee.
Sunday June 29, 08:30 to 10:00 am: LVCC-N230
- Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Meeting.
Sunday June 29, 08:30 to 10:00 am: LVCC-N238
- Conference Program Planning - San Francisco 2015 Committee Meeting.
Sunday June 29, 10:30 to 11:30 am: LVCC-N223
And two EBSS committee meetings for the Executive committee and the Advisory Committee (Exec+current chairs of the EBSS Committees):
- Advisory Council.
Sunday June 29, 03:00 to 04:00 pm: BALLY-Palace 1
- Executive Committee Meeting.
Mondayn June 30, 08:30 to 10:00 am: LVCC-N221
EBSS MEMBERS' PRESENTATIONS, PROGRAMS, ETC.
A sampling of great presentations from our incredibly active community.
- Samantha Godbey invites EBSS members to:
“UNLV Libraries Transformed: Open House”
Friday, June 27, 7:30 am to 7:00 pm
Register at http://guides.library.unlv.edu/content.php?pid=566570&sid=4717893
- Jennifer Fabbi/Lesley Farmer will present on:
“Common Core State Standards and General Education: Information Literacy Connects the Dots”
Saturday, June 28, 1:00 to 2:30 pm: LVCC-N253
- Mona Anne Niedbala will give a poster entitled:
''Tailor it to their needs and they will come: Designing information literacy instruction for large class settings''
Saturday, June 28, 2:30 to 4:00 pm: LVCC, Exhibit Hall, Table 4
- Rachel Wadham will give a poster entitled:
"So You Think You are Information Literate?: Assessing Pre-Service Teachers Information Literacy Skills"
Saturday, June 28, 2:30 to 4:00 pm: LVCC, Exhibit Hall, Table 17
- Lesley Farmer will give an poster for WGSS on:
“Technology Impact on New Adult Behavior about Health Information: Focus on Gender Issues"
Saturday, 6/28 at 4:00 to 5:00 pm: LVCC-N115
- Joyce Garczynski will present on:
“Are You Taking a Gamble on Your Academic Library Career by Having a Baby (or Two)?” a session that explores what the research says about the impact of having children on an individual’s academic library career.
Monday, June 30, 10:30 to 11:30 am: LVCC-N258
- Anne Driscoll, Cynthia Crosser, Karen Downing, Qunying Li, Robyn Reid will present an Ignite Monday session on:
Monday, June 30, from 11:30 am to 12:00 noon: LVCC-N239/241