Agendas will be added as they become avaialble.
Saturday June 29
New Leader’s Meeting, 8:00 am, Hyatt Regency Chicago Grand B (where Consolidated is meeting)
Who should attend: EBSS members moving into new leader positions beginning in 2013-2014 and the current and future Executive Board members.
8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Hyatt Regency Chicago Grand B
Membership and Orientation Committee
8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
I. Welcome (2 mins)
a. Minute taker
II. EBSS Annual Social--Recap (5 mins)
a. InterContinental Hotel, Michael Jordan’s Bar, 6:00-8:00pm
b. touch base re: social; suggestions?
III. Report on Membership and statistics -Ericka (3 mins)
a. New, dropped, reinstated membership
c. ACRL Membership Committee
IV. Web redesign project/ideas
a. Update on EBSS redesign ideas
V. EBSS Social at Midwinter (Philly, Jan 24-28, 2014)
VI. Committee Membership
VII. Possible Committee Projects
a. facilitation of mentoring/networking for millenials?
VIII. Thank you to members
Instruction for Educators Committee
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
1. Welcome and introductions
2. Approval of agenda
3. Rubric for assessment of Information Literacy Standards for Teacher Education -
a. Working session – review, discuss, and revise, if needed, final drafts
b. Discuss and write an introduction
c. Process for submitting to Publications Committee
d. Promotion of standards and rubric
5. Handover to new chair.
Publications and Communications Committee
9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
I. Welcome and introductions (5 minutes)
II. Liaison reports (15 minutes)
a. Updates from each member
b. Assign new committee liaisons as needed
III. Updates (15 minutes)
a. Newsletter editor
b. Web managers
c. Listserv moderator
IV. Wrap up publication process document updates (15 minutes)
V. Discuss EBSS Website navigation (10 minutes)
VI. Discuss policy for archiving committee documents in ALA Connect (15 minutes)
VII. Wrap-up and any other business (15 minutes)
Communication Studies Committee
1. Promoting the Information Literacy Standards for Journalism Students
2. 2014 Media Tour
3. Collaboration project with Electronic Resources in Communication Studies committee
4. Possible collaborations with professional associations.
5. Future directions/initiatives for the committee
Curriculum Materials Committee
9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
I. Introductions and roll call
III. Approval of minutes from 2013 virtual midwinter meeting
IV. Webliography update and discussion
V. Update on CMC Directory
VI. How to market your CMC to faculty and education students—Discussion
VII. New Business
VIII. Next meeting--ALA Midwinter—Virtual meeting?
Reference Sources and Services
9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
I. Welcome and Introductions
II. Announcements/ News
III. Updates: Current Projects
IV. Possible New Projects
The two main ideas for 2013-2014 projects are as follows:
- Compile a list of key reference works or Top Ten Reference Works for Education and Social Sciences noting which are in print only, in print and online, or online only.
- Survey the ways in which reference works are used in online guides, such as LibGuides.
Scholarly Communication Committee
9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
1. Welcome and Introduction of Members and guests (5 mins)
2. Minutes from Midwinter, newsletter (5 mins)
3. Guest: BioMedCentral representative on the membership model of open access and the new BioMedCentral Psychology publication (20 mins)
4. EBSS Bibliography: finishing and publishing (20 mins)
5. Discussion of Open Access Journals, DOAJ, other vetting lists and organizations: how are librarians determining “quality?” (10 mins)
6. Open Discussion of: Obama directive and how it will affect research funded by agencies involved with social sciences, liaison work with new focus on OA climate, dealing with data mandates at our institutions, etc. (15 mins)
7. Future Programs (5 mins)
8. Committee housekeeping; future roles in the section (10 mins)
ERIC Users Committee
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
1. Approval of agenda
2. Approval of Mid-Winter minutes
3. Update on progress of change to Committee mandate/name
4. ERIC Users Forum details/preparation
5. ERIC updates (in brief)
6. Questions from the committee
7. Committee changes for the coming year
8. Other business
Online Learning Research Committee
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
2. Review of survey results
3. Discussion of “normalization” of written responses
Psychology Committee Meeting
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Radisson Blu Pacific 3
1. Welcome & Introductions
2. APA/PsycINFO -- News & Updates. Guest Speaker: Susan Hillson - Manager, Customer Relations. 20 minutes
3. Resources for Psychology Librarians (Committee Wiki Pages) . Google Analytics. 10 minutes
4. Update on Core Psychology Journals Database Project. 15 minutes
5. Sudden Selector’s Guide (Psychology & Behavioral Sciences) . 10 minutes
6. Announcements. 5 minutes
7. Action Items / Adjourn
Sunday June 30
Conference Program Planning 2014
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Hyatt Regency Chicago Skyway 283
Social Work/Social Welfare Committee Meeting
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Hyatt Regency Chicago Columbus IJ
Advisory Council Meeting
3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Hyatt Regency Chicago, Comiskey
Monday July 1
Executive Committee Meeting
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Hyatt Regency Chicago, Skyway 269