Irene M.H. Herold
ACRL Past President
- 2017 Fall Board Virtual Meeting Officer Report
- 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting Officer Report
- 2018 Spring Board Virtual Meeting Officer Report
- 2018 ALA Annual Conference Officer Report
- February 8-13, 2018: ALA Midwinter Conference
- April 5, 2018: ACRL Texas Chapter presentation
- May 7-8, 2018: National Library Legislative Day
- June 21-26, 2018: ALA Annual Conference
- October 24-26, 2018: Oregon/Washington ACRL Chapter Joint Conference
- Najmabadi, Shannon. "What the 21st Century Library Looks Like," The Chronicle of Higher Education, July 2, 2017. Quoted.
- Monaghan, Peter. "As Libraries go Digital, Costs Remain Tangible," Almanac of Higher Education, in The Chronicle of Higher Education, August 13, 2017. Quoted.
Since July 2017, Irene M. H. Herold is the librarian of the college at the College of Wooster in Ohio. Between 2013-2017, she was the university librarian at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa. Prior to this, Herold served as dean of the library at Keene State College (2001-2013), director of the library at Daniel Webster College (1998-2000), and public services librarian at Monmouth College (1992-1998).
She has been a member of ACRL for 26 years, beginning in 1991. During her membership with ACRL, she has served as a member of the ACRL Board of Directors (2011-2015), the ACRL Communities of Practice Implementation Task Force (2011-2013), the ACRL Research and Scholarly Environment Committee (2013-2015), and the ACRL Academic/Research Librarian of the Year Award Committee (2009 and 2011). She has served as Board Liaison to the ACRL Membership Committee (2011-2013), the Distance Learning Section (2011-2015), the Literatures in English Section (2013-2015), and the Women and Gender Studies Section (2013-2015). She has also served roles in ACRL sections, including the ACRL College Libraries Section (Program Chair 2004-2006, Vice Chair/Chair/Past Chair, 2007-2011), the ACRL College Libraries Section’s Library Directors’ Discussion Group (Co-convener, 2004-2007), and the ACRL Law and Political Science Section Marta Lange Award Committee (2005-2007 and 2010-2011), and Program Committee (2003-2005).
Available now from ACRL's Publications in Librarianship is Herold's volume, Creating Leaders: An Examination of Academic Library Leadership Institutes. She is the compiling editor and a contributing author, along with 25 others, for this work that examines 18 leadership development institutes.
Herold holds a B.A. in English and M.L.S. from the University of Washington, M.A. in history from Western Illinois University, and a Ph.D. in Managerial Leadership in the Information Professions from Simmons College.