IRIG activities address members' interests in a range of image-related topics, including: selecting and using subscription image databases, choosing digital asset management and presentation tools, working with images across systems and platforms, supporting faculty research and teaching with images, developing interdisciplinary image collections, collaborating with academic departments and across library units to support image resource development and use, image cataloging and metadata, effective access to image resources through library web sites, visual literacy, image copyright, digital capture, and more.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2015. Last retrieved on 12/11/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Meeting Minutes at ALA Annual 2015 San Francisco -- ACRL IRIG
- The Rare Books Experience, Flipped
- Image Resources Interest Group Meeting
- Image Resources Interest Group (IRIG) Meeting Minutes – Las Vegas, June 28
- Image Resources Interest Group (IRIG) Meeting Agenda – Las Vegas, June 28
- Image Resources Interest Group
- Success Stories and Challenges: How Librarians are Employing Fair Use with Their Code (ACRL)
- Call for Proposals: ACRL Image Resources Interest Group ALA Mid-Winter Meeting (held online):
- ACRL-IRIG Presentation Slides from ALA Annual 2012 Conference Program
- Agenda: ACRL Image Resources Interest Group (IRIG) meeting at ALA Annual 2012
As of August 2017, the IRIG had 355 members. The Image Resources Interest Group (IRIG) is governed by a Steering Committee that includes a Convener, Incoming Convener, and Past Convener. A fourth IRIG officer is a Listserv/Website Administrator. IRIG membership is open to all ACRL members, and we welcome participation from all ACRL and ALA members.
The Image Resources Interest Group was established at the 2009 ALA Annual Conference. The next renewal date for this interest group is the 2018 ALA Annual Conference.
Join an Interest Group
Join the Image Resources Interest Group through your ALA membership record, and participate through the interest group's ALA Connect space and the ACRL listserv. If you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas for discussion topics or events, please contact the conveners.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788