This interest group will be open to all who want to share knowledge about the development of services and space in digital scholarship centers (e.g., scholars commons, research commons, etc.). Digital scholarship centers are currently in the formative stages at a variety of types of institutions. These centers address research, teaching and learning needs across disciplines by providing services for a variety of digital research needs including digital humanities, data services and management, GIS, digitization, and scholarly communication issues. This interest group will offer a forum for individuals involved in developing digital scholarship centers to discuss the success and challenges in creating specialized support in the digital environment. Meetings of this interest group will provide an opportunity to discuss current trends, examine case studies of individual facilities, explore innovative best practices, and present successful partnerships with faculty/students and campus partners around the use of technology to enhance scholarship.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/17/2017. Last retrieved on 12/17/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Spread the word: Scholarship for library and information science students
- Slides from 2017 Annual ALA meeting
- ALA Annual Program: ACRL Digital Scholarship Centers Interest Group
- Announcing DSCIG ALA Program: Advocating for Resources for Digital Scholarship Centers
- Digital Scholarship Center Interest Group Midwinter meeting
- Tour of Georgia State CURVE Digital Scholarship Center during Midwinter 2017
- Announcing DSCIG ALA Program: Starting from Scratch: Build Your Digital Scholarship Center Program
- DSCIG's Virtual Spring Meeting - access to the recorded archive
- Digital Scholarship Center Spring Virtual Meeting - March 30 at 2 pm CT
As of August 2017, the DSCIG had 596 members. Interest Group composition includes a convener and incoming convener.
The Digital Scholarship Centerse Interest Group was established at the 2015 ALA Midwinter Meeting. The next renewal date for this interest group is the 2018 ALA Annual Conference.
Join an Interest Group
Join the Digital Scholarship Centers Interest Group through your ALA membership record, and participate through the interest group's ALA Connect space and the ACRL listserv. If you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas for discussion topics or events, please contact the conveners.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788