Communities of Practice Assembly
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2009. Last retrieved on 12/13/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Communities of Practice Assembly (COPA) manages a discussion list which COPA members are automatically subscribed to.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ACRL Volunteer Form for 2014-2015 Appointment Cycle is Now Open!
- ACRL Program Proposals for the 2014 ALA Annual Conference due September 1
- URLs for Pinterest Basics for Librarians slideshow & bibliography
- Pinterest Basics for Librarians
- Documents Due for Board Consideration (Midwinter Meeting)
- Documents Due for Board Consideration (Fall Executive Meeting)
- Plan for Excellence Implementation Reports: Due July 26
- 2013 Annual Conference Meeting agendas: Due June 7
- Documents for Board Consideration at the 2013 ALA Annual Conference: May 24, 2013
- ACRL Online Leader Orientation for CoPA: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, at 1 p.m. Central
The ACRL Bylaws indicate that Communities of Practice Assembly shall consist of the chairs and vice-chairs of each Community of Practice, excluding discussion groups.
The ACRL Bylaws authorize the ACRL Board to establish Communities of Practice and the Communities of Practice Assembly functions to facilitate the exchange of ideas among the various Communities of Practice. The Communities of Practice Assembly replaced Sections Council as a result of a revision to the ACRL Bylaws approved by the ACRL membership in 2008.
Volunteer applications for ACRL appointments are accepted through February 15 for service the following term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.acrl.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/resources/forms/volunteer.cfm for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788