To oversee and coordinate ACRL's Research and Scholarly Environment Initiative as described in the strategic plan; work with the ACRL Board and other ACRL units in creating a comprehensive effort including coalition building, professional development, publications, research, and advocacy and in developing the ACRL research and scholarly communications website; and monitor and assess the effectiveness of the ACRL Research and Scholarly Environment Initiative.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2009. Last retrieved on 01/17/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Make formal recommendations to the Government Relations Committee, prior to Midwinter, for the ACRL Legislative Agenda.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Interested in hosting ACRL 2018 scholarly communication workshop? Identify collaborators here!
- ReSEC Committee Meeting and Related Sessions at 2017 ALA Midwinter
- Interested in hosting ACRL 2017 scholarly communication workshop? Identify collaborators here!
- Interested in hosting ACRL 2016 scholarly communication road show workshop? Identify collaborators here!
- ReSEC Annual 2015 minutes
- Research and Scholarly Environment Committee Meeting, Part II (ACRL)
- Research and Scholarly Environment Committee Meeting, Part I (ACRL)
- Scholarly Communication Discussion Group Co-Sponsors ALCTS ALA Annual Virtual Preconference “Planning for the Evolving Role of Metadata Services”
- Scholarly Communication discussion group Midwinter 2015 (ACRL)
- ACRL/SPARC Forum Midwinter 2015
- A minimum of five members (i.e. a chair, vice-chair, and three members)
- Ex-officio members include scholarly communication licensed workshops road show presenter coordinator and research data management licensed workshops presenter coordinator.
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect and Appointments Committee
In 2005, the ACRL Board approved a revised charge for the Scholarly Communications Committee that specified, "the committee will make formal recommendations to the Government Relations Committee prior to Midwinter for the ACRL Legislative Agenda."
Senior Strategist for Special Initiatives
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788