Friends Fund Subcommittee
To raise funds in support of ACRL initiatives that are not otherwise funded by ACRL operating funds. It accomplishes this goal by: working with the budget and finance committee to ascertain and articulate the ACRL board's annual fundraising goals and objectives; seeking out, developing, and nurturing relationships with individuals, with a particular emphasis on ACRL membership; developing and managing mechanisms for friends' donor recognition and acknowledgement; communicating its fundraising progress to the colleagues committee and the ACRL budget and finance committee and the ACRL executive director.
• Five members (i.e. a chair, vice-chair, and three members), including one Board member, one member of the Budget and Finance Committee, and one member of Friends of ACRL
• Members serve three-years terms, staggered so that one member changes each year
• Appointments will be made by the Budget and Finance Committee chair.
• Chair serves as ex-officio member of the Budget & Finance Committee
• Additional appointments at the discretion of the Budget and Finance Committee chair.
The Friends Fund Subcommittee was established by the ACRL Board as a standing committee at the 2002 ALA Annual Conference. In 2005, it was desolved as a standing committee of the Board, then reestablished as a subcommittee of the Budget and Finance Committee at the ALA Annual Conference. In 2007, the charge was revised based on the recommendations of the Friends of ACRL Review Task Force.
Volunteer applications for ACRL division-level committees are accepted through February 15 for service the following committee term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Mary Jane Petrowski
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788