ACRL Chapters Council - Minutes

ALA Midwinter – Denver, CO
Sunday, January 25, 2009
8:00 am – 11:15 am
Sheraton Denver, Vail Room

Orientation for new Chapter Liaisons

Kevin Merriman began the Orientation at 8:08 a.m.  He announced that usually Megan Griffin does the orientation but since she is delayed, he will be conducting the session.  Kevin also announced that we will be adjourning early for the ACRL Presidential Candidate’s forum and luncheon.

What we do at Chapters Council.

he purpose of Chapters Council is to provide a forum for the exchange of information, to promote the development of chapters, to provide support for chapter officers and to communicate concerns and needs of chapters to the ACRL board. The Chapters Council also fosters relationships between the chapters and national ACRL.

The Chapters Council consists of the President and Vice-President of each ACRL chapter or a delegate who is a member of the executive board of the chapter.  Council members must be members of ACRL National. State chapters are independent and the council is the venue to meet other Chapter leaders, provide updates on activities and regional information, and link to ALA / ACRL National.

We are 501C3. An ACRL Chapter must be a non-profit. A chapter doesn’t have to be 501C3.  However, in order to get reimbursement from national ACRL for membership, it must be a 501C3.

We are an affiliate of ALA. The national leaders of ACRL come to Chapters Council to provide updates on pertinent news and information.  Minutes are taken at our meetings and are available on our website.  There is also a Chapters Council newsletter which is a resource for sharing ideas about programming and activities.

Judy Pinnolis, Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, announced that the Dine Around will take place at 6pm on Sunday at Ted’s Montana Grill @ 1401 Larimar St.  All are invited to attend and to bring guests.  This is an opportunity for an informal meet & greet with other Council members.  Judy also sent out an invitation on the Chapters listserv.

Kathy Parsons, Past Chair, (Iowa) welcomed new Council members, distributed a Chapters Council orientation packet and reviewed the contents for the participants.  These included:

Joblist information
ACRL National pamphlet
Presidential Candidate’s Forum information sheet
ACRL Conference in Seattle
E-learning opportunities

She also reported how the Council has created language to fulfill the three levels of communication between the Council and National ACRL.
- Initiatives
a. Annual Report training
- Membership
a. Make sure your chapter information is correct on the
- Funding
a. Chapters whose members are also members of National ACRL will receive $1 per member reimbursement.
b. Speaker’s program – this fund sponsors National ACRL Board executives to travel to Chapters to consolidate relationship with National.  They can revisit Chapters every 3 years.
c. Chapter Heads need to submit reimbursement forms for expenses to ACRL National.
d. We work with the advocacy group to get funding for our chapters.
e.  Chapter Allocations
“We can also take a few minutes to talk about Chapter Allocations - how we are notified what the amount is (i.e. when the letter is sent out and who it goes to); how we can use the money; how we ask for the reimbursement, etc.  At that time we could distribute a copy of the "Chapter Reimbursement Request" form, so everyone could take a look at the form and ask questions in needed.”

Judy Pinnolis – The New England Chapter requests that the reimbursement rates for national ACRL members be raised from $1 to $3 per member.  Rates have not been raised since 1999 and there are significant funding issues across the chapters.  It would signal strong support from National to Chapters if they would approve this. (Further discussion was postponed until later in the meeting when the Board and Administrators were present.)

Annual Meeting 8:30 – 11:00 AM
The meeting was called to order at 8:32 a.m. by Kevin Merriman, Chair.

Chapters Council officers and members introduced themselves. 
In attendance were:

Kevin W. Merriman, Chair (Tennessee), Judith Pinnolis, Chair –Elect (New England), Kathy Parson, Past-Chair (Iowa), Anna Salyer, Secretary (Washington), Rachel Bridgewater (Oregon), Jan Hartley (Washington), Pat Newland (Delaware), Joyce Neujahr (Nebraska), Rubye Cross (Georgia), Rickey Best (Alabama), Tim Dodge (Alabama), Richard Kearney (New Jersey), Kristen Borysewicz (North Dakota), Les Kong (California), Amy Wallace, (California), Nancy Cunningham (Florida), Robin Crumrin (Indiana), Pam Blome (Colorado), Janice Lange (Texas), Laurie Swartwout (Wisconsin), Katherine O’Clair ( Arizona), Gloria Creed- Dikeogu (Kansas), Ruth Hodges (South Carolina)

Reading and Approval of Minutes from ALA Annual 2008 (Judith S. Pinnolis).  A brief discussion with minor corrections to spelling occurred and a ‘Motion to Approve’ was made by Richard Kearney and 2nd by Tim Dodge.

I. Introduction and Remarks from ACRL Administrators

Government & Legislative Updates

Michael McLane – ACRL’s Visiting Program Officer for Legislative Advocacy
Mike began with a brief biographical sketch.  He has been an academic library director for more than 40 years.  He has extensive experience talking about government relations and legislation.  He is a former chair in the Council and has been a member of the Government Relations Committee.

He informed us that historically proactive advocacy and library support often comes from public and school libraries.  Academic libraries have not been noticeable at the table and that’s why we need to and are becoming more active.  Currently there are 45 legislative advocates across the country.  Our goal is to get one advocate in each legislative district.  Please consider becoming an advocate and /or recruit your colleagues with the theme “Each one - reach one”.  We are striving for each chapter to have legislative council issues at the national level.  Please remind your chapters to appoint a legislative member.  There is one main criteria – legislative advocates must be member of National ACRL.

The Government Relations Committee updates the legislative agenda which includes issues that are most important to and that affect academic libraries.  These will be sent out within 2 months.  They will be bringing together librarians from different work venues to coordinate their efforts and have them collaborate on a central message.

Erica Linke has chosen advocacy as her theme for her presidency.  Jim Rettig, ALA President, has also been talking about the library community as a whole entity.  There are almost no issues that affect only one type of library.  They cut across the board and involve all library users.  We only talk about the issues – not the people involved.  In the last few years, it has been difficult as the past administration was not very interested in our issues.  Now we have the opportunity to educate a new administration and get our voices heard by new people more willing to listen.  But remember, we are not lobbyists. We do not speak on behalf of or in opposition to any party or elected official.  We are neutral – only in favor of libraries.

Michael brought information flyers of how to become a legislative liaison.  You can also apply online at  Appointments are for two years and can be renewed for as long as you want.  A major goal is to have the advocates become familiar with state legislators – and it takes a while for them to get to know you. Continuity is important in these relationships.  Training is provided and attendance at virtual meetings is required to be a full participant.  A reception is held at the Annual Library Day on the Hill in May in Washington, D.C.

This year’s Library Day on the Hill is on May 11 & 12th.  On the 11th, there will be an orientation and training on how to talk to the legislators.  On the 12th, –participants will meet with legislators and their aides.  (Talking to a representative’s staff is often more helpful as they are also very knowledgeable.)  It is always a day filled with interesting conversations and fun activities.

Amy Wallace (California) also recommended the article in Chapters Topic by Aline Soules regarding the activities of the Chapters Council Legislative Liaison.  The article explains the duties of the liaison and provides links to useful information for advocates and those who are interested.

Among the current legislative issues are:
1.  Access to government information.  Over the last few years, there’s been a narrowing down of access from the National Institute of Heath; the Environmental Protection Agency closed; access to government documents narrowed.  It’s hard to talk about these without pointing fingers.  However, we will work at broadening access.
2.  Copyright issues for Orphan works.  These are materials that were written or photographed which no one can reproduce because you’d violate copyright.  However, the creator is unknown and the material needs to become public domain.
3.  Internet neutrality.

Please review the other issues in orange/yellow flyer.  Remember that funding is not our main advocacy goal.  It is to get everyone to speak from the same viewpoint and promote the same message.  We do want appropriations for libraries to increase and we hope you will join us in these efforts.  Please contact Mike at for more information.

Introduction and Remarks from Erika Linke, ACRL President

My primary interest as President is advocacy.  Who would have thought last June, we’d be dealing with the enormous financial issues that we are facing today?  Stephanie Vance, The Advocacy Guru, will be the President’s speaker in Chicago.  She will present a program on the issues and technologies we need to speak to legislators about.  She’ll be joined by lobbyists who will describe what’s successful with our/their work and how we might counteract their influence.

Kathy Parson – I’ve heard Stephanie Vance.  She’s a great speaker – you’ll learn things you can’t believe.

Erica - Tuesday’s Board meeting agenda includes the value of libraries and how to increase the return on our investments.  What can ACRL do?  We can continue to use the “Power of Persuasion” by Julie Todaro.  It focuses on shifting the “ways to bring new supporters to the legislative table as well as ways that might rejuvenate the experts”.  In addition, she provides for training “advocates with skills that would serve those involved throughout the legislative year, between legislative sessions as well as back in the workplace”.  We’ll continue to talk about what we might do and it would help us if you would please submit your ideas for strategic directions.

Judy Pinnolis – Two members of New England Chapter did a study and presented an economic model that shows the library’s value to the university, how libraries save money in services, and save time for faculty and students.  These are ways to show economic value and return on the university’s investment.  Although this experiment was on a small scale, they are looking at ways to scale it to larger places.  This tool definitely shows the value of libraries.

Erica – yes, as many different value examples that we can provide strengthens our case.
The Board is also looking at ways assessment and information literacy can factor into our advocacy efforts.  The Strategic plan is in its 5th year and every year the Board looks at it.  And in Pittsburgh, we kept revisiting it.  We keep questioning - Are we saying right things?  Should we change objectives?  How do we clarify them?

We want to keep this Organization vital, efficient and fiscally responsible.  We also need institutional picture.  We need to strategize within our larger organizations and continue to find ways to create partnerships.

ALA is also working with advocacy issues.  Jim Rettig is creating an eco-system which provides for information flowing in many directions rather than remaining in a silo. Camilla Alire is continuing to build on this idea.  In new territories, we must be careful, clear, and insightful.  We must plan strategically at institutional levels and regionally for and with the next generations of “front-line librarians”.

There has been a change in Management of Higher Education.  ACRL has been contacted to write 3 columns per year to present the libraries perspective.  This allows us to get into print and put forth our issues andmessages.  We are currently looking at topics for the lead article.

We are also looking at the websites.  ALA’s will be putting out a survey about its new website.  They want to get advice and suggestions about what needs to change.

Mike McLane – the links don’t forward to new pages.

Erica – the reason for this is that the pages are from two different servers and they aren’t identical after the moves.  It also gets a “no page exists” message and then it comes up trying to work towards resolutions.  This transfer will take time, money, organization.

ALA is also launching a new collaborative space called Connect in the Spring.  This is meant to be collaborative workspace where community can work together virtually.  We are optimistic about the benefits of increased electronic communication as well as what we’ll see 5 years from now.  Working and collaborating together using new technologies is getting better all the time and frustration with early technology is being replaced with a willingness to change and experiment.

Another large issue at hand is the “lead in books” protection efforts.  Can Libraries get exemption from this?  The more people who can contact the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the better Libraries will be able to make their case.  There needs to be clarifications and get the interpretation changed to exclude libraries.  Please contact Thomas Moore at 302 504-7902 or

Erica – I want you all to be in Seattle.  We’ve had a solid registration and it is an engaging and exciting program.  There is also a big sale on Southwest tickets.  Megan Griffin will check on Amtrak fares to Seattle.  Please look at the conference websites.  There’s also scholarships available.

I also want you to tell me your ideas to take back to the National ACRL Board.

Judy Pinnolis – The New England Chapter requests that the reimbursement rates for national ACRL members be raised from $1 to $3 per member.  Rates have not been raised since 1999 and there are significant funding issues across the chapters.  The approval of this request would signal strong support from national to chapters.  What’s the process and how does it work?

Mary Ellen Davis - It requires a board action.  The Chapters Council needs to discuss this and then create a formal request through Chapter’s Council.

Judy – two members of New England Chapter did a study and presented information about an economic model that shows the value of the library’s services, resources, and staff to the university.  It showed how libraries save money in services and save time for faculty, staff, and students.  We wanted to show the economic value and returns on investment that universities receive from the library.  This experiment was on a small scale but we are also looking at ways to scale it to larger institutions.  An increase in the reimbursement amount would be a signal of strong support from the national level to the chapter level.

Kevin Merriman - Who drafts the request and what does it entail?

Erica - The Board’s action form outlines the elements to address.  The motion would be made by the Chair and you can appoint an ad hoc committee to craft it.

Judy - Do we have to ask for a certain amount?

Erica - You can request any amount and it will be considered.  But it is best to specify the amount per capita.  Please include the background/context for the request, the why of it, the recommended action, and identify the strategic goal that this requests meets – probably under membership.

Kevin – I’d like volunteers for an ad hoc committee to create a proposal to submit to the Board.  We will also put this on the agenda for the Annual conference meeting.
Ad hoc Committee: Judy Pinnolis, Chair, Kevin Merriman, Rickey Best, Laurie Swartwout, and Katherine O’Clair.

Introduction and Remarks from Lori Goetsch, ACRL President-Elect

One of conversations in the budget meeting was in regards to as we face economic hardships, how we can continue to push out /help each other, to share and exchange information.  How are we approaching these hard times?  If you have ideas on how the association can help members communicate their library’s value(s) to their home institutions, please email Lori at:

Planning ideas are welcome for the 2010 conference programming.  Gina Milsap, will present at a joint president’s program.  Her presentation titled “Old Dogs and New Tricks for the Four Generation Library” deals with how we are working with different styles and approaches in our libraries.  It poses the question of how to build the next generation of leaders.  There is perceived reluctance in young librarians to take on leadership roles.

Introduction and Remarks from Mary Ellen Davis, Executive Director

I’ve just came out of budget meeting and we have been looking at the rationales for the next budget.  Does anyone have questions?

Judy – I’ve a question about the bundling fees for conference registrations.  I’ve 
heard a lot of folks couldn’t get their administrations to agree to commit funds to
two events.  Why can’t people get the discount rate for one event?

    Mary Ellen – It’s been a very popular program but ALA actually lost money on it.
    The bundling fee has been more problematic for academics and that will
    undoubtedly continue.

    Judy - Another issue is that folks needed breakouts on the receipts.

•  Mary Ellen – Yes, we did hear the concerns.  At this point, you can only get early bird but not deeper discounts with the single registrations - sorry.

Also, the Division Leaders are looking to change the conference schedules starting with the 2011 meeting.  They are proposing moving the Opening session to Friday - around 5:30 p.m.  They are talking about posting the program only electronically but in a new software that works better.  The print copy costs a lot of money and it is often redundant since folks print the program for planning purposes before they come to the conference.

•  Katherine O’Clair – The ALA hand book is online but I get a hard copy of that.

•  MaryEllen - If your name is in the handbook, you get a hard copy.  But the entire membership does not get a hard copy

•  It was also the consensus that it is okay to not print out the Registration Newsletter for the packet information - many attendees got a pdf version instead.  Let’s not print it out for future conferences.

•  Mary Ellen – The Virtual conference registration is now open.  Live audiorecordings will link to PowerPoints.  You won’t have to leave your office and you can get a group rate as well.  We won’t have live streaming video but you can hear the presenters.  There will also be about a half dozen presenters who will reprise their sessions for Q & A chat opportunities.

•  Katherine O’Clair - Can we use reimbursement funds for virtual registration since it is for an educational opportunity?  Mary Ellen will take that idea to the Board.  But since we also give scholarships, can we use our own money to pay for our conference?

•  Jan Hartley – can this also be extended to ACRL online trainings?

Introduction and Remarks by Megan Griffin ACRL Program Coordinator Staff Liaison to Council

There is a $750 budget to bring the President or Vice-President to Chapter conferences.  This fiscal year there are still two slots available.  There are still five slots available for 2010.  There is an online submission form and chapters are eligible for visits every four years.  There is also a list of visits available.
•   Question:  If slots are available and no one wants it, can they be requested by a Chapter before their four years are up?

•   Megan: I will check on this.  It depends on the timing of the request. 

•   Kevin – You can get creative with the programming.  You don’t just have to have them speak.  Julie Todaro was on a speaker’s panel with academic leaders talking about academic libraries.
•  Tim Dodge – It’s a great way to get more attendance at your conference with the opportunity to meet and interact with national leaders.

•  The Chapter Roster is also online – please check it and send me updates.  Also send me updates for your chapter listservs.  A print roster is being routed.  Anna Salyer will send any corrections you note on this to Megan.

Each chapter can get reimbursement funds in the amount of $1 per ACRL National member.  These funds must be spent and reported by August 15th .  If you have less than 100 members, you can still get $100 and I can send out the memo that provides the stipulations.  Reimbursements can be used to fund charitable or educational purposes/expenses.  The form is available on the ACRL website.  If you have any questions, send them to Megan.  She also needs original receipts to process the forms.  She’ll send new memos out by Sept 1, 2009.

•  Reminder – Chairs, Vice-Chairs must be members of ACRL national.

New Business

Introduction and Remarks from ACRL Director-At-Large Candidates

Lisabeth Chabot, College Librarian, Ithaca College
Her primary focus and interests lie in advocacy, assessment and accessibility.  She has worked with college mentoring and youth development.  Utilizing writing programming, can help us craft compelling arguments for what we do.  In the realm of accessibility, she would work to bring programming to smaller colleges.

Bill Nelson, Library Director, Augusta State University
Bill has worked in several types of institutions and his background is primarily from small colleges.  He has also been involved in ACRL on local, regional, and national levels.
He is promoting leadership skill development, using ACRL standards to meet regional and professional development, improving effectiveness of academic libraries within their higher education committees, and making our mark in student outcomes.

Ann Campion Riley, Assistant Director, Technical Services, University of Missouri•
Ann would like to see more cooperation between ACRL and other ALA units.  She is also interested in the various issues surrounding the ‘generation-to-generation’ toxicity in the workplace.

Kevin – Many thanks to the three of four fine candidates who were able to visit us today.  Their bios and statements are circulating.  We appreciate that they enthusiastically invited us to email them with our questions and more importantly our issues and concerns.  It was obvious from their backgrounds and statements that they would all be qualified to fulfill the duties of the Director-at-Large position.

Introduction and Remarks from Candidates for ACRL President-Elect

Lisa Hinchliffe, Head of the Undergraduate Library and Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction, University of Illinois Urbana Champagne.

Lisa extended several invitations for conversations and is interested in a wide variety of issues including the “You tell me” ones.

Lisa believes in advocacy working at our own institutions so our concerns extend more into higher education.  We need to be more strategically assertive, strengthen relationships with faculty and students, and work in more playful ways.

She has been concerned when reading American Libraries as she doesn’t see much focus on academic libraries.  She would like to raise the awareness that academic libraries often have the same issues, etc.

Lisa would look for broader ways for librarians to be engaged and participate in the work of ACRL.  Chapters are key components to involvement in the larger organization and she believes that ACRL needs to step up to further this issue more aggressively.  She sees herself as a bridge in driving the technology and recruiting younger librarians to further the best advantages and purposes of its uses.

Continuing professional development in education and pre-professional education is an important issue to Lisa.  How are library schools educating?  She sees missing pieces in education process and believes that professional educators can fill in the gaps.

Lisa feels very prepared to work within our complex bureaucratic organization.  Please feel free to email her at:

Kelly Janousek, Reference / Law, Politics and Public Administration Librarian, California State University, Long Beach Library.

Kelly felt that being elected ACRL President-elect would impact all her colleagues and before making the decision to run, she got approval from them all.

She shared three of her top seven issues and invited us to review them in depth in her candidate’s statement.

1. Empowerment and networking – these are what she needs to get the job done.  They affect all campus communities and librarians can empower them with our knowledge.
2. Leadership, experience and professional development.  Kelly has experience with budgets, foundations/non-profits, as ALA section chair, chairing councils, and attending and presenting at conferences.  “I can get people to where they need to go.”  She is a requested leader as well as a team player.
3. Passion for librarianship and what ACRL can do.  I can speak to what we do and bring the issues forward.  We have the potential to bring in the new generation of librarians especially when they see how techie we are.  We can take ACRL forward as a team!
Please email Kelly at:   ***
Kevin - Thank youto Lisa and Kelly for taking the time to come talk to us.  We know that you are rushing from one meeting to another and we appreciate you sharing your views and concerns with us.  Good luck to you both.

Kathy Parsons - Leadership Recruitment and Nomination Committee

This committee puts together the slates for the 2010 elections.  They are soliciting nominations for ACRL Board of Directors.  The term is for four years and they must attend Midwinter/Annual as well as various other meetings such as the Fall retreat in September and conference calls etc.  This is an excellent way for interested people to get involved in leadership roles.  They are taking names from all chapters.  The Board description of responsibilities is on the ACRL website.  The next meeting is during the week of Feb 16.  Please send in names of your nominees.

Judy Pinnolis - Call for Nominations for Officers for Chapters Council
Officers attend ALA Annual and Midwinter conferences.  They provide leadership for the meetings and organize the elections.  The deadline to apply is in March.  You can self-nominate.  Please send in your name, brief bio statement, and a position statement.  These will be posted in Chapter Topics.  The election is held at the annual meeting in July.  I will send out announcements about this as well.

Responsibilities for Vice-chair /Chair-elect of Chapters Council
1. Works with Chair developing the meeting agendas, conducting the orientation, and creating the workshop.
2. Coordinates the Dine Around event at Midwinter and Annual conferences.

Kevin - Please review the orientation manual for more in-depth descriptions of the position responsibilities.  They need minor revisions and Kathy and I will work on those.

There will also be a continental breakfast at Annual courtesy of EBSCO.  Thanks for this morning’s bagels go to Kathy and Anna.


Gloria Creed- Dikeogu (Kansas) I’d like to request all chapters conducting professional development activities to share them with us.  We are developing a resource that describes each chapter’s opportunities, programs, activities, and kinds of trainings available in your state.  What does the program involve?  What kind of things can librarians learn?  What are the impacts and results?

Judy – The New England chapter has a calendar on their webpage with all the training opportunities from all different library organizations.  It helps librarians coordinate dates and reduces scheduling conflicts.  Check it out at:

Please email Gloria with topics, ideas, and your training opportunities and programs for both librarians and support staff at:

Laurie Swartwout - Chapters Council List Administrator.  Please let me know if
you aren’t receiving emails.  When officers change, please tell me who to drop off the list.  The List is set up with email addresses but please give me both the name and the email address.  There are no automated deletions and you can stay on the list after your term is over.  Please look over the past chair list and double check with them if they are still on the list and/or want to stay on. is the address for the ACRL Chapters Council mailing list.

Kathy Parsons – The Chapters Council sponsors the lunch for the Presidential Candidates Forum right after this meeting.  The lunch is free and funded by EBSCO.  The candidates will address a prescribed list of questions and then take questions from the audience.  Please join us.

The ‘sharing ideas/recap of Chapters Activities’ portion of the meeting was canceled so we could conduct the Annual Report training session and adjourn early to attend the ACRL Presidential Candidates Forum and Luncheon.

Business meeting adjourned at 10:54 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Anna Salyer
Chapters Council Secretary

WORKSHOP – ACRL Chapters Annual Report Training
Conducted by Judy Pinnolis

•  Strategic Plan:

• ACRL Officers Speakers Program for Chapters:

Information on the Speakers Program for Chapters, which provides funding for the ACRL president, vice-president/president-elect, and executive director to visit ACRL chapters and speak on ACRL concerns and activities.


1. Online sections must be completed and then you can only go forward – not back.

2. When filling out the activities section– only list an activity once.  Choose where the activity fits best within the categories as well as your chapter’s overall focus and emphasis.

3. Make this an active learning experience.

4. Laurie S.  Know ahead of time of what you are going to be asked.  Make a copy of the form and have it filled in before you go online.

5. Judy – send in your activities to Chapter Topics.  Keep your sources listed as you go through the year.
a. Request reports from activity/program chairs – describe what they were about and how they correlate to the strategic plan.
b. Help us translate our activities into strategic plan goals.
c. Scholarship programs – easy to figure out.  Names, what it was for, etc.
d. Include your legislative representative who will be going to Washington D. C.

6. Read the strategic plan – this form follows it.  It is a clumsy form and Judy’s hoping this will be fixed soon.

Workgroup Instructions:
1. Work in groups of 2-3.  Take some of the programs you’ve offered and determine what goal you would list them under.

Kevin – I often forget that what we do is tied to the national strategic plan.  Customize your activities and feed them into the report later.  The process is worthwhile in that it makes you feel like you are part of something larger.

How does your program address the goals of ACRL National?  Folks that are part of the specific programs can provide these distinctions.

Laurie – when we can focus on what we are supposed to be doing and how it fits the larger plan, we’ll be more effective as a group.

Question:  are we supposed to be able to have something for every goal area?  No!

When you are planning programs, try for balance.  It doesn’t have to have been a program solely to meet a goal.

Katherine O’Clair – comment - to expand membership, we created a listserv open to librarians who are not members of ACRL.  This venture made a worthy impact.  It proved that it doesn’t have to something big.  Small reports are good too.

The project or program also doesn’t have to be high tech.  Did you write a letter to a provost, etc?  This type of activity can be used to meet a goal.

Workshop Adjourned at 11:18 a.m.