Thank you for your interest in attending the American Library Association Annual Conference! If you have already registered for the conference, you will receive a letter of invitation upon registering. If you need a letter of invitation before you register for the ALA Annual Conference, please fill out this form or send a request to the International Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for obtaining an invitation letter:
1. Please include your full employment information and mailing address. Please provide as much information as possible.
2. The official ALA letter of invitation is to be used to facilitate the processing of any visas or documents needed for you to attend the ALA conference only.
3. ALA is unable to provide financial support for your participation.
4. Letters of Invitation will only be sent to professionals working in the library field, exhibitors attending the conference, or those in a related field.
5. We cannot provide visa letters for spouses or guests.
6. The Letter of Invitation will ONLY be sent by email to the email address provided. The Letter of Invitation cannot be emailed or sent to the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate.
7. ALA cannot intervene on behalf of the invitees with the Embassy or U.S. Consulate via fax, phone, surface mail, or email. The U.S. State Department provides information on traveling to the United States regarding passports, international travel, and visas.
8. If your visa application is denied, please inform ALA in writing that you wish to cancel your registration. A full refund will be issued if the cancellation notice is received by May 24, 2019. No refunds will be made for cancellation requests received after the refund date. Cancellation of registration will
result in a handling fee of $25 for each item canceled. No refunds given for “Exhibits Only” badges. Refunds will be processed after the Annual Conference. Send cancellation requests to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Filling out this form does not guarantee receiving a Letter of Invitation. Providing as much information as possible is highly recommended.
Personal Data Notification