The ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services (ODLOS) and its member groups have developed a variety of resources, most of which are free to the profession.
Outreach Issues Briefs
- Adult New and Non-Readers
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender People
- Incarcerated People and Ex-Offenders
- Older Adults
- People of Color
- People with Disabilities
- People Experiencing Poverty and Homelessness
- Rural, Native, and Tribal Libraries of All Kinds
- Bookmobile Communities
Visit Intersections, the blog of ODLOS, for stories from our members and staff!
Resource Development Areas
- Glossary of Terms
- Libraries Respond - a space for to keep current events in conversation with libraries' ongoing work in and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Strategic Planning for Diversity
- Recruitment for Diversity
- Employment Discrimination Resources
- Civility & Diversity
- Bias in the Workplace
- Diversity Statistics
- Continuing Education through ALA's Online Learning Offerings
- Do you have a great idea for a webinar highlighting EDI issues? ODLOS accepts Online Learning proposals on a rolling basis.
- Extending Our Reach: Reducing Homelessness Through Library Engagement
- Handbook for Mobile Services Staff
- How to Serve the World @ your library
- Keys to Engaging Older Adults @ your library
- Literacy for All: Adult Literacy @ your library
- The Small but Powerful Guide to Winning Big Support for Your Rural Library
- Guide to Building Support for your Tribal Library
- TRAILS - Tribal Library Procedure Manual 3rd Edition 2008